If I preorder now, can I be kept in the queue for longer than standard?

133794m3r

As stated, if I preorder within the next few days. Can I be kept in the queue for a longer period of time? Mainly I want to wait until the "1Ghz" units are finally going through and they're the ones that are only being shipped. That's why I want to be kept in there until then, I have no problems with preordering right now... but I'd like to be at the end of the queue until those units are officially flowing and are the standard ones. I didn't email ED or anyone else since they already have way too many emails as is.

That might be atleast 6 months away. The test boards wont be ready until next month and then they have to iron out all the kinks etc. Besides, its not really pre ordering now, as they get delivered within a couple of weeks. You're talking about classic pre orders, they paid less and as such, have to wait longer, for costs to get recouped with new orders.

I'd just buy one now. The new boards, outright will be (currently) 700$. Current ones are 500. Your choice though. Although, if you wait another month, you could buy a refurbished board for 300ish then later buy a 1ghz panda.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
That might be atleast 6 months away. The test boards wont be ready until next month and then they have to iron out all the kinks etc. Besides, its not really pre ordering now, as they get delivered within a couple of weeks. You're talking about classic pre orders, they paid less and as such, have to wait longer, for costs to get recouped with new orders.

I'd just buy one now. The new boards, outright will be (currently) 700$. Current ones are 500. Your choice though. Although, if you wait another month, you could buy a refurbished board for 300ish then later buy a 1ghz panda.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Well they can't verywell be 700$ when they run out of their current omap3530 stock, and thus get the easier to get dm3730. It'd mean that they were charging 200$+ for their only product. Also I've been puttign off my preorder for quite some time now for the very reason that I said up above, it was well is going to be fixed. dm3730+512MB of ram was what I was waiting for(back when CC was just getting started) and if I have to, I'll wait even longer. I just was asking, since I know the 10EUR might not be an insane amount of money, but every little bit helps.

Edit: Also I don't blame them for charging more for the more advanced one whilst they still have stock of the older processors. Since it'll help them build up more money to help the original preorders. But I am going to stick by my view that I had way back when, and will wait and wait until it comes to pass. I just thought that the 10+EUR(likely would do like ~100EUR) would help some of the preorders get theirs a bit faster. I am a very patient man, and shall continue to wait until the time comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back