How Do You Find Out Place In Queue / Shipping?

fischju2000 said:
We could really use everybody that knows their position posting that with the exact time they ordered, so people can get an idea of where they are without bothering the sales team.
That's exactly what I think and what I proposed before in this thread.

But it seems it's a lot of work for people to post the exact time of the order, besides of the order number. :angry:

That's the reason I want to sincerely thank ID10T for doing it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go:

Original Order receipt email: 03/10/08
Re-order receipt email: 21/01/09
Queue place: 1900-2000

I am amazed people are so concerned about their place in the shipping queue. We are waiting for a year already, who cares if it ships a week sooner or later?

[edit] my place in queue is still for sale, highest bid is now 25$ :)

I care because I was here for the GP32, GP2X, and Wiz releases, and the first few weeks of the hardware release are exciting as hell because the devs get really fired up to do strange and interesting things, and its a very vibrant time to be playing with the device.

I Ordered mine on 30/09/08 and asked to Jacquelyn and my position on queue is 400-500.

this takes the biscuit

I Ordered 6th Oct - originally going to pay by paypal which was subsequent stopped by that paypal fiasco - was told by email that my place was matched to my paypal order - finally paid by direct bank transfer on 11th oct 2008

I originally had a order number of actual date of purchase PP06102008‏

When I asked OP team for my place in order I was told my queue place was informed it was 2200 to 2300

How the heck is this fair?

I reckon whoever had the -10 up the queue for making comments was right!

getting really really peeved that I paid early and yet seem to be bumped up the queue - against people who ordered then re-ordered

torpor said:
I care because I was here for the GP32, GP2X, and Wiz releases, and the first few weeks of the hardware release are exciting as hell because the devs get really fired up to do strange and interesting things, and its a very vibrant time to be playing with the device.

Yeah... playing with half finished and buggy software will be pretty fun if you're a masochistic type.

RajTakhar said:
this takes the biscuit

I Ordered 6th Oct - originally going to pay by paypal which was subsequent stopped by that paypal fiasco - was told by email that my place was matched to my paypal order - finally paid by direct bank transfer on 11th oct 2008

When I asked OP team for my place in order I was told my queue place was informed it was 2200 to 2300

getting really really peeved that I paid early and yet seem to be bumped up the queue - against people who ordered then re-ordered

Sooooo you ordered 6 days after preorders started...... October 6th? You are lucky you are not 3500 - 4000!

it looks like over 1000 people canceled their orders bumping you up! and now all you can do is complain?

RajTakhar said:
this takes the biscuit

They reached 2000 orders in 6 hours, and you're upset that you're 2200 after 6 days? I'm reasonably certain they were, in fact, well over 3000 by the 6th day of pre-orders. What part of your position is not fair?

[/quote]
They reached 2000 orders in 6 hours, and you're upset that you're 2200 after 6 days? I'm reasonably certain they were, in fact, well over 3000 by the 6th day of pre-orders. What part of your position is not fair?
[/quote]

Read the earlier pages - some people, ordered then re-order at a much later date and are much higher up the queue

Yes I am seriously looking at getting a touchbook - now thats it been released for sale to UK .. Pandora is taking too long

If I do get one - someone please PM to take over Blog in my sig

RajTakhar said:

Read the earlier pages - some people, ordered then re-order at a much later date and are much higher up the queue

Yes I am seriously looking at getting a touchbook - now thats it been released for sale to UK .. Pandora is taking too long

Three posibilities: those that say they're higher in the list are lying; your position in the queue is not only dependent on the time you ordered but also the location; or they're just kind of making up some not-so-specific numbers.
Third is my guess; ie, they've got this massive unnumbered list, and if you request your position, they do a search, say "ah, he's somewhere a little more than 50%, so we'll say 2200"; since there's more than one person answering these emails, it'd be very simple for one person to guess that one order was just over 50% and another person to guess the same order was just under 50%, or even the same person answering the same request at different times in the day. So two orders could be side by side, but depending on who or when it was answered, the responses could be several hundred apart. That's my guess, though, and the second reason I haven't bothered to find out my place in queue.

WizardStan said:
RajTakhar said:

Three posibilities: those that say they're higher in the list are lying; your position in the queue is not only dependent on the time you ordered but also the location; or they're just kind of making up some not-so-specific numbers.
Third is my guess; ie, they've got this massive unnumbered list, and if you request your position, they do a search, say "ah, he's somewhere a little more than 50%, so we'll say 2200"; since there's more than one person answering these emails, it'd be very simple for one person to guess that one order was just over 50% and another person to guess the same order was just under 50%, or even the same person answering the same request at different times in the day. So two orders could be side by side, but depending on who or when it was answered, the responses could be several hundred apart. That's my guess, though, and the second reason I haven't bothered to find out my place in queue.
Fourth option: there isn't an actual list, since OP figured that all devices would ship at the same time anyways from the beginning, and thus they haven't kept track.

I placed my order within the first 30min of the opening of pre-sales.

Jacquelyn just informed me that I am around the 500 position...give or take 100...

Good enough for me...

David...

well i ordered in the first 30 minutes then had to wait 5 months for my credit card to be refunded. then i "reordered".
so i still get my place in the queue for ordering in the first 30 min. that seems to be the confusion here.

I find this queue conversation quite amusing. It seems it's going to be a matter of, like a week between the first and last Pandora being sent. Having waited this long, what difference does a week make anyway?

borgqueenx said:
i am at 2900~3000 and ordered a month or so after the orginal pre-orders. Im lucky i got here, but its still to bad i wont get my pandora until after christmas.
Don't feel sad.
There are 3894 other people who do not get ehir P before Christmas :)

WizardStan said:
Third is my guess; ie, they've got this massive unnumbered list, and if you request your position, they do a search, say "ah, he's somewhere a little more than 50%, so we'll say 2200"

Some phone "the girls" and tell'em about grep, wc, awk and others?

EDIT: or just some SQL query commands? As I assume you would get a database from any decent shop system.

Back