Delivery Details Etc

andyhamer

I know this may appear a little premature,
But does anyone know how the guys are organising delivery? - (i did a quick search but couldn't find any info) which couriers?, will they be sending emails prior to despatch?, how is the Pandora going to be packaged? etc.
Apologies if this subject seems a bit trivial, but i tend to get a bit anal with these things.

It has been said that they will email you before sending (or while sending). As for currier, I cannot say, but so far DHL seems to be used a lot. I am sure someone has bought from Craigix or ED on these forums, they could say more.

CoMiKe said:
I would be more than satified with a simple mail stating the Pandora has been shipped and with a tracking number.

UPS tracking numbers work better than DHL ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I can't speak for other countries, but I think if all USA units are shipped from within the US, UPS would be the most cost effective, and have the best tracking available. Fedex is more reliable, and provides excellent tracking, but is more expensive, and the standard postal service is cheaper than both, but there tracking sucks! I know outside the US, some places charge extra for certain things, so I'm not sure which currior would be best for international shipping. I guess that is best debated by others!

Chris

I'm shipping the ones in Germany using UPS and the one outside of Germany with DHL.
Both have tracking numbers and as soon as they are shipped you receive a mail.

As always if you order from my shop :)

but will you be shipping all 4000 of them throughout the world or will you ship to europe and mweston or whoever ship to usa?

EvilDragon said:
I'm shipping the ones in Germany using UPS and the one outside of Germany with DHL.
Both have tracking numbers and as soon as they are shipped you receive a mail.

As always if you order from my shop :)
That's good to know Ed. Hopefully Craig will follow suite in the US. UPS may damage your package, but they will always know where it is. I would hate for someones order to finally ship, and then it gets lost or damaged along the way.

Chris

DaMummy said:
but will you be shipping all 4000 of them throughout the world or will you ship to europe and mweston or whoever ship to usa?
I would imagine all orders placed thru ED, will be shipped from him. So those orders will leave the US, get to Ed, and then he will ship them out in order to his customers. I'm guessing the same will apply to Craigs UK orders. Since all units are being assembled in the US, it would be kind of silly to ship those to the UK, and then back to the US. So hopefully all USA orders will ship direct from Texas, which would be fine by me! ;)

Chris

@jumpman

Last I heard, that was the plan. Let's hope it's still true.

i think the real question here would be, will a chinese company be doing the shipping....?

China shipping Pandora parts to assembly, yes.

There is a huge chunk of us (if not the majority) who ordered via Craig per openpandorasales@gmail.com- us meaning the people on this forum.

Meanwhile, people from the Germain and boards ordered from Micheal (ED). (correct me if I'm wrong)

Texas assembly lines do have the ability to ship domestically (within US and Canada I mean) all depends on how its set up though.

That notion leads to a few questions I have:

• Is ED shipping the manuals (or data for printing) to Texas?
  • Do Texas (or MWeston actually) have customer shipment addresses to parse whats domestic and whats international (from Texas perspective)?
  • How will this go into due process of the queue (going by location can still also be done in order by queue) ?
  • Is queue order at higher priority than effecient shipping at this point (not saying it's no effecient otherwise)?

February should be interesting...

Game_over said:
China shipping Pandora parts to assembly, yes.

There is a huge chunk of us (if not the majority) who ordered via Craig per openpandorasales@gmail.com- us meaning the people on this forum.

Meanwhile, people from the Germain and boards ordered from Micheal (ED). (correct me if I'm wrong)

Texas assembly lines do have the ability to ship domestically (within US and Canada I mean) all depends on how its set up though.

That notion leads to a few questions I have:

• Is ED shipping the manuals (or data for printing) to Texas?
  • Do Texas (or MWeston actually) have customer shipment addresses to parse whats domestic and whats international (from Texas perspective)?
  • How will this go into due process of the queue (going by location can still also be done in order by queue) ?
  • Is queue order at higher priority than effecient shipping at this point (not saying it's no effecient otherwise)?

February should be interesting...

More reasons to believe we won't have our Pandora's anytime soon.. One can only hope for February

I don't think any of that will increase our wait. The Pandora guys want to see this thing shipped as much as we do, so I don't think they'll be faffing about while a batch of Pandoras stagnate in a warehouse. ;) We know ED has 700 boxes sitting in his store, so it sounds like they've got the logistics sorted (and they have years of experience in this area). AFAIK a CD will be included in the box, with some software and a PDF manual. No need to send crates of those around the world; they can probably get them run off in their respective locations. It all comes down to the cases...

I believe Craig has said the factory in Texas is equipped to and will handle the boxing and shipment of Pandoras in the US.

DHL have great postage speeds.
3 days from US to AUS.

I can't wait. I want my toy, SO BAD!

Back