I think I might have been Scammed by Open Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bad advice because for a lot of people here will have to pay the legal fees regardless of whether or not they win and will have to go through the headache of trying to sue someone in another country. It's just not worth it to try to reclaim a few hundred dollars. While people don't particularly trust Craig they at least give him the benefit of the doubt of not having some pool of money he could have used to finance outstanding orders, because he'd be hurting himself as well if not doing this. If he really has money then going at it on an individual basis is not worth it financially, it'd make much more sense to form a class action suit.

It's really not disrespectful, it's just realistic, people should know that if they sue they're unlikely to actually get money, they'll just force the company into bankruptcy which is pointless at best and crippling at worst - right now ED's profits are at least being funneled to Craig to help him send out Pandoras. If Craig goes bankrupt who knows if ED will even get his customer list.

Thanks Mr. Loon.  I have medical needs and textbooks and supplies I need to pay for.  I will check out what you suggested. Great ideas!
Are you also a passenger on the, maybe not so good ship, Awaiting Refund?
Why yes actually!  I have 2 pandoras plus cases etc that I need a refund from.  Craigix twitted me back but no progress has been made.

I know I have been scammed. I ordered an openpadora about a year and a half ago, got email confirmation of full payment, was told that the package had shipped, waited about 2 months, never received a package, contacted support, said "we'll send another openpadora if you still have not received yours", waited another two months: still no pandora, then asked for a refund, one year later: nothing. I lost over $500 over thin air and was scammed. My address was correct, everything I had done was perfectly in order, yet nothing. I have proof via the emails I've received as well. This must be fake.

I know I have been scammed. I ordered an openpadora about a year and a half ago, got email confirmation of full payment, was told that the package had shipped, waited about 2 months, never received a package, contacted support, said "we'll send another openpadora if you still have not received yours", waited another two months: still no pandora, then asked for a refund, one year later: nothing. I lost over $500 over thin air and was scammed. My address was correct, everything I had done was perfectly in order, yet nothing. I have proof via the emails I've received as well. This must be fake.
Most people got their Pandoras. You didn't get deliberately scammed, although I can't say one way or another whether they really ever sent you a Pandora or ever even thought they did (ie, made a mistake in saying they sent you one are were feeding you a line). If it got lost in the mail somehow then they wouldn't have had any means to send you another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
This cannot not help the reputation of OpenPandora at all. 

How many disgruntled persons must it take to insight negative propaganda?

One person tells five those five tell twenty five others and those twenty five tell a few hundred...before long you have a neighborhood of distaste towards this magnificent machine.

Last edited:
80% at best is not what I call most...
Not sure how you came up with that number. First batch was 4000 and a lot more than that have been sold. Even the most pessimistic estimates for Craig's queue aren't at 800 missing.

For what it's worth, 80% would easily be what I would call most, but that's pretty subjective.

As more than 5000 units have been delivered (if I recall correctly) and of those a LOT in preorders and there are probably around 500 still to be shipped (with at least 30-50 just waiting for proper screens) I think your 80% is a little bit off.

ok, so 90%...

by no mean hundreds still lingering order is far from most have been delivered...

We seem to have a different meaning for "most"…
I've been told by teachers that it meant "a large majority".
Can we agree that 80 to 90% of delivered pandoras means that "a large majority" of them have been delivered?
If so, "most" of the pandora have been delivered.

Locnar, I hope things will get sorted and that you'll get what you want.
The GBAX pre-order fiasco is staining the whole pandora project, ED do his best to restore thrust and deliver what was sold.
But his financial capabilities are limited, so he can't refund people that paid another shop and can't pay upfront the cost of producing all the missing pandora.
The only way he found was to use all the money made by selling pandora in his shop, and asking for donations to be able to pays the production of the remaining pre-orders.

"Most" just means "greatest amount" or majority. If you've got two groups, one that has got their Pandora and one that has not, and if there is just one more person in the group that has their Pandora than does not, like 5000 vs 5001, that single person is enough to tip the scales into "most" :p So by definition, be it 90%, 80%, or 51%, most people have received their Pandoras.

Dictionaries are fun and I'm an ass. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back