I Took The Plunge, Now I Have A Question On Sd Cards

pinhead

Still Fresh
Well everyone, I have been looking at getting the GP2X F100 for some time but I have finally took the plunge and bought one. I now have a question that seems to be a common problem.

What is the most stable SD Card to use with the new firmware version ?

I would like to buy either a 2 or 4GB and I would like to upgrade to the newest firmware when I get my unit.

Thank you,

I have yet to find a standard SD card which was problematic. I've used kingston sandisk pny. all no probs. I would avoid 4gb cards since most aren't of a compatible type. You can find lots of 2gb cards out there that are ridiculously cheap, many bundled with usb card readers. meritline, ecost - other online vendors.

I'd advise you stick with a good brand, like kingston or sandisk and check the Wiki for the SD card compatibility chart for which ones in particular. If the big one you want isnt good for firmware upgrading, spend an extra few dollars and get a really small one for cheap that DOES work with firmware upgrades and you're good to go.

I bought an AData 4gb when i got my gp2x and the case cracked off with VERY light usage and now its pretty much worthless, so i would advise you to keep away from them...

hicksman said:
I'd advise you stick with a good brand, like kingston or sandisk and check the Wiki for the SD card compatibility chart for which ones in particular. If the big one you want isnt good for firmware upgrading, spend an extra few dollars and get a really small one for cheap that DOES work with firmware upgrades and you're good to go.
I bought an AData 4gb when i got my gp2x and the case cracked off with VERY light usage and now its pretty much worthless, so i would advise you to keep away from them...

hicksman,

same thing happened to mine, theres a lifetime warranty on the card. Adata was good enough to give an RMA and have fixed/replaced. Although I have not recieved the new card, i expect it soon though. Its worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can get official 2GB SanDisk cards on Amazon for less than $20. Once, I got a couple for $10 a pop. They're bulk, so they have no packaging, but I assure you, they're original.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-7...o.y=3&Go=Go

EDIT: also, there's no chart for 3.0 from what I see. Seems the 2.0.x chart is obsolete with 2.1 and up...so the assumption is that 3.0 is compatible with anything not HC?

peelie said:
i use a transcend 4gb card so far (4months use) no probs
Thanks everyone for your comments. I am glad to have bought one and hope to join in on many topics and help out when I can.

David...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back