I want to cancel my order!

@ Omisnad :

Here is what I'd try if I were in your shoes :

Send a letter by recorded delivery explaining your desire to cancel and the steps you have taken so far addressed to Craig at

OpenPandora Ltd.

26 Meadow Road,

Newcastle upon Tyne,

NE15 7LP

England

Post a question on the Ask Craig Questions thread enquiring as to the best way how to cancel your order.

Hope that helps.

@ Omisnad :

Here is what I'd try if I were in your shoes :

Send a letter by recorded delivery explaining your desire to cancel and the steps you have taken so far addressed to Craig at

OpenPandora Ltd.

26 Meadow Road,

Newcastle upon Tyne,

NE15 7LP

England

Post a question on the Ask Craig Questions thread enquiring as to the best way how to cancel your order.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, thanks Mr Loon. Thats pretty sound advice. :)

... and still i wait for a refund (or even an aknowledgement), 6 weeks later .............

I got a reply about 2 weeks ago stating my order was cancelled and the money would be returned ASAP. I found after trying to just get an initial response I had to go through Google checkout and contact the seller with the template subject I want to cancel my order.

I have now sent 2 emails direct asking when the money will be returned with no reply, so today have sent another email via Google check out.

I am now in serious need of my refund.

In the uk i think a trader is allowed to delay a refund up to 30 days,any longer time would be deemed unreasonable under uk consumer law.

I read this on the internet,so cant be sure its right.

Then its up to you contact your credit card company to see if they can help.

Also do what mr loon advised about sending a registerd letter,so you know they have recieved your request for a refund.

If all that fails ,see a solicitor as im doing in the next couple of weeks if i dont get my refund this week.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the credit card company ... they cant help since it was paid via google checkout. Not happy since they said they could help, then after doing all that they requested (which took a few days) they backtracked. Let me know what your solicitor advices, since it doesnt look like craig has any intention of giving us our money back.

you know you will get your money back right? it hasnt been stolen from you, however it does appear to be held ransome at the moment, i dont know wether that is unavoidable at the moment though.

I still have only had one email acknowledging my request to cancel the order. Now i am getting no replies when asking for my money.

I am now starting to fear as others have posted. I don`t think we will see this money again.

If anyone has successfully managed to get their money back, please post and let me know how/when you got it. Not just an email, but actual cash refunded.

Credit card companys wont help because you paid through a 3rd party ie google checkout.

Contacting google checkout is a waste of time, they just tell you to contact op through google checkout whuch is the same as sending a email straight too op.

What ive done is send them 2 registered letters explaining i need a refund and they have 30 days to pay the refund from the day they emailed me saying they had cancelled my order.

So if that doesnt happen i will have to seek legal advice and report them to trading standards.

I too am in the same boat. I ordered from the first batch and have been patiently waiting for my Pandora. I would occasionally email and ask where I stood in line for my pandora and would usually get a response back within a week. This never was an issue. Lately, however, I have not gotten a reply in over 3 months after sending 4 emails during that time period. Due to the way this is being handled, I am also going to opt to receive a refund. I was willing to wait for the Pandora but this is getting ridiculous. Any advice on how to accomplish getting a refund would be great. Otherwise, legal action it is.

my only advice to all is, and a plead as well I might add, wait until jan/Feb of next year. Craig currently has no Pandora to sell, so no money income, and all of it has been spent for, you guessed it, making pandoras. Now ED is collecting investments from the community, currently hitting the 200k euro mark I believe, some of which will be used to refund people their money, or make them their pandoras. If you are an early adopter, you will easily be able to sell your Pandora for 75% profit. So you have nothing to worry about, your money is safe, so is your investment to get your Pandora. You're guaranteed to get one of them, but OPT is hitting, what appears to be the last rough patch. The bubble is growing at a massive rate right now, if we ever asked you to stick by all of us for a little while longer, now is the time.

and as far as emails not being answered, that goes back to craig not having any Pandora to sell atm, which means he has to cut down the hours of his employees, in this case, our dear Jacqueline

my only advice to all is, and a plead as well I might add, wait until jan/Feb of next year. Craig currently has no Pandora to sell, so no money income, and all of it has been spent for, you guessed it, making pandoras. Now ED is collecting investments from the community, currently hitting the 200k euro mark I believe, some of which will be used to refund people their money, or make them their pandoras. If you are an early adopter, you will easily be able to sell your Pandora for 75% profit. So you have nothing to worry about, your money is safe, so is your investment to get your Pandora. You're guaranteed to get one of them, but OPT is hitting, what appears to be the last rough patch. The bubble is growing at a massive rate right now, if we ever asked you to stick by all of us for a little while longer, now is the time.
and as far as emails not being answered, that goes back to craig not having any Pandora to sell atm, which means he has to cut down the hours of his employees, in this case, our dear Jacqueline

Fair enough, but my order is cancelled, so I'm not getting a pandora and I'm not getting any response to asking for my money back.

OPT may be going through a rough patch but so am I, in the last 2 months I've been forced to take a pay cut and my other half is about to be made redundant.

My cancellation is to do with needing the money, not about no longer wanting a Pandora.

When I get back on my feet I fully intend to purchase a Pandora, I won't even mind it it costs more (so long as there isn't a wait ;-) ) for now though I have more important things I have to fork out for.

Mine as been cancelled by op, and i need the refund as quick as possible to pay some unexpected bills.

So i have no option but to cancel.

The predicament the pair of you (and perhaps others) are in, is indeed unfortunate and understandable.

Sadly as DaMummy has succinctly explained, it would appear that cashflow is perhaps not available to refund you immediately until EvilDragon has sorted out the Investors contracts. Obviously you have tried various avenues and are seeking legal action, which will also sadly not expediate the refund if there is nothing to give you and may, simpy lead to insolvency and nothing for anyone.

Perhaps there is an opportunity for a community solution here though?

For instance, when and for how much did each of you place your original Pandora orders?

Therefore what is your expected queue positions...i.e batch 1, or 2, or a Premium Unit etc?

Is there anyone out-there that would buy your queue position from you?

This way, you get your money back in full immediately from the new buyer, who OPT would no doubt have little trouble with re-organising the delivery to the NEW owner of that Pandora, when it is due to ship.

This is a more attractive proposition for newcomers, as if you were an early pre-orderer and thus paid the original lower price, they will be getting a Pandora for a steal!

Yet is offset by the knowledge that paying a Premium price in January, as a total newcomer, MAY bag you one of the first Global Component produced batch of 500 for Premiums, 500 for pre-orderers units.

Thus if you were a pre-orderer they MAY have to wait until several GC produced batches of 1000 per month have been made, until YOUR queue position is reached and they receive the Pandora that was destined to yourself originally. By which time hopefully the pair of you are in better circumstances and can re-purchase a new Pandora at the going rate (which may go down if ED's magic works with mass production), in a timely fashion, and get back to positive community contributions, as you both seem very pleasant and behind the project if your circumstances weren't forcing your actions.

I will add that if my own situation hadn't deteriorated into a purgatory of at least partially self-created hell that I take full responsibility for inflicting upon myself, then I would be sitting rather pretty right now and would've happily bought both of your Pandora's from yourselves in an instant. Both to quell this situation, which reflects somewhat badly upon the business side of this genius creation of a few daring individuals, to fix your predicaments and to a sly by-product own more awesome Pandorae. I would have invested heavily into OPT via a private approach aswell (way prior to the requests or invitation to do so), with no desires for any control or say so in the company and purely to see it succeed against larger corporate products, carve itself recognition deserved, a marketshare and a string of awesome sequels. I would also be starting businesses in various parts of Africa to employ local people to manufacture solar refrigerators, cookers and autoclaves from local materials in an effort to spread some better things we take for granted to those less fortunate, with a disposable income I had no need for myself.

As it is, my personal milestone, is to be more stark raving mad than I was as a late teenager, to have destroyed my career, to be losing my wife and family, to be penniless and to have little connection with the world any more, except via a Pandora and its community of which I am the self ostracising maestro of weird postings.

I own a Pandora though and its my most expensive possession that I'd rather give handjobs for cash, or sell my arse for, before we part company.

Yeah she's that priceless!

Turns out that despite my mythicism, God has heard my desperate pleas to win the lottery and donate 600 EUR to an EvilDragon (though he did have to question the Evilness and the scaly, snake-likeiness business for awhile but when I explained he wasn't working for Apple, he seemed assured) and has agreed to meet me half-way. So I just need to buy a ticket! Anyone got any lube?

....what.....the....actual.....flying....fuck?

i do like the idea of craig selling cancelled pre-order slots though, every now and then, just sell preorder slots like he sells broken pandoras

Google checkout appear to have a "cancel order" direct link, if you go through the help centre link at the bottom of your reciept email. They're quoting a refund in around 3 business days, is another avenue to explore.

Google checkout appear to have a "cancel order" direct link, if you go through the help centre link at the bottom of your reciept email. They're quoting a refund in around 3 business days, is another avenue to explore.

No dice. The Google checkout "cancel" item just sends an e-mail to OpenPandora. I cancelled last week and have yet to hear anything either. :\

Craig said something about getting locked out of their Google account. Even though I've given up on the Pandora, I'm hoping in good faith that OPT is just stuck waiting on Google to unlock their account so that they can get back in and process the refunds.

I thinks i want to cancel my order threads should be banned if your stupid enough to pre order a unit then wants to cancel it you are a frickin moron.

Engage brain think hard before ordering and once its done its done tough shit chances are your cash would have already been invested into the production of pandoras or help to ship parts back to germany. This would have been common knowledge when u placed your order, youve made your bed now lye in it.

Imagine if the origional pandora purchacees had done this. craig ed and the rest of the team would be bankrupt by now having already bought the parts then having to refund idiots and there would be no pandas at all.

I like this 'stupid enough to preorder' part. Yeah, really.

People come here to ask about an opportunity to get their money back after failing to get any reply from the seller, sometimes they even explain why they have to do it (which they shouldn't). Mind you, some of them have been waiting for three years.

Instead they get advices like 'write another email', 'call the phone (which actually didn't work for some of them before) and cool stories about how great the Pandora is. Some particularly nice people even call them stupid and propose to ban them. That's just fucking awesome. Community support in action!

Keep up the great work!

I thinks i want to cancel my order threads should be banned if your stupid enough to pre order a unit then wants to cancel it you are a frickin moron.

Engage brain think hard before ordering and once its done its done tough shit chances are your cash would have already been invested into the production of pandoras or help to ship parts back to germany. This would have been common knowledge when u placed your order, youve made your bed now lye in it.

Imagine if the origional pandora purchacees had done this. craig ed and the rest of the team would be bankrupt by now having already bought the parts then having to refund idiots and there would be no pandas at all.

Ha you have to be trolling.

This whole scenario has been self inflicted by the Open Pandora team. How much direct communication have the customers had from Open Pandora for a project they originally said would take 6 months?? Answer NONE

When I ordered I was told I was guaranteed to get my order before Christmas and I watched Christmas go by, do you think that would justify an email from the pandora team explaining the scenario?? Nope

They have taken the head in the sand approach to their customers and you are really surprised that people are canceling their orders? Sure if you pre order something to be made you would expect the money to be invested into the product. However on the other side of the coin if what they are creating is 3 years late wouldn't you expect at least a scrap of direct communication explaining what has happened?

Sure some customers would still have bailed but thats to be expected with massive delays like this, but how many could have been adverted if they just communicated effectively with the customers. It would probably also save them time as well since they would not have to reply to as many emails since they probably wouldn't get as many questions from customers. (then again perhaps not because they don't seem to reply to customers right now)

Sure ED has been good with the forum posts but why the hell would they honestly think that a post on a forum is them informing the customers adequately is beyond me. Not everyone logs into the forum and sifts through posts you know. A direct email to the customers still waiting every now and then with a status update when the timeline of when they will get the product become out for whatever reason is what you would expect at the minimum. Hell they could even just copy some of ED's forums posts, Time taken virtually nothing.

So if you are a customer who pre ordered the Pandora and don't log into the forums, all you know is that you paid for a product that is now 2+ years late and have had 0 communication from the team and they do not reply to emails, phone etc.

Anyway on that note, I just canceled my order.

Back