I Want To Touch It

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Hey, since I'm returning my faulty DS Lite, I'm gonna need a new set of screen protectors. Can anyone name their ones, and whether they have had good experiences, as there are lots of dodgy ones on the market.

They look neat. Couple questions.

1) Adhesive?
2) How frustrating? I have a bit of a short patience
3) Easy to remove?
4) Do they deliver to UK?

EDIT: One question was answered with a bit of surfing.

Nova posted on Aug 6 2006 at 05:33 PM said:
They look neat. Couple questions.

1) Adhesive?
2) How frustrating? I have a bit of a short patience
3) Easy to remove?
4) Do they deliver to UK?

EDIT: One question was answered with a bit of surfing.
There's no adhesive. You have to slide these little flaps underneath the plastic on either side of the touchscreen. Because of this, the shield covers the entire screen and leaves no mess at all. They can be very frustrating, but I think it's worth it. What you have to remember is to put the angled edge in second.

They're very easy to remove. Just get a piece of clear tape, attach to shield, and pull up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Best Skins Ever: http://www.bestskinsever.com/

They offer nearly full body protection for the Lite including the outside, inside where you play, and both screens. I think this is the best deal as you protect the outer part of the Lite from scratches as well as the screens and you protect the inside where you play from discoloring and getting dirty. It's also very cheap ($10, which should be about 5 pounds).

You do have to use a bit of water and put just a tiny bit of soap in it to make the stuff stick to your DS. Don't worry, it isn't as bad as it sounds but will look awkward when first applying it because of the soap bubbles. Just let it dry for about a day or something and it should look great. I'd also guess it would be easy to remove but you shouldn't need to for a while. The protectors are transparent so your DS Lite looks exactly the same, just with a tiny added clear layer to it.

I'll find some pictures of what it looks like on a DS Lite if you want. I can say that this is probably the best kind of protection to get right now.

That actually looks really good. I'm very interested.

Yeah I'm considering getting one too and I never knew what kind of protection I'd need for Lite until I found out about these. Oh and shipping costs anywhere ain't too bad either, you also pay about a dollar less if you order 2 skins.

Here's a review: http://www.gamershell.com/articles/1010.html (there's different pics one with the BFE skins on and the other one, you can tell which one because BFE's has protection for the d-pad and buttons area while the other skin protects the top screen area instead)

GBAtemp's forum member AeroScrap's review: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34227 (which is what it looks like not too long after being applied, notice it still needs time to dry but as you can see in the review above looks nice afterwards :))

Back