"no Sir ... I Don't Like It" (ds Lite)

Lou,
I wouldnt say the Lite is for everyone. But i think you should give it a longer play if possible. Maybe borrow one from a friend. My favorite things about it (as posted above) werent noticed until a few days after i owned it.

Lou,
I wouldnt say the Lite is for everyone. But i think you should give it a longer play if possible. Maybe borrow one from a friend. My favorite things about it (as posted above) werent noticed until a few days after i owned it.

If it were less than $100, I'd be more inclined to make the purchase. It's just not that different over the current model ... and as such, doesn't warrant dropping all that money.

I fully expect a "DS Ultra-Lite" model by next year; you'll be able to wear it like a friggin' wrist watch ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lou,

If it were less than $100, I'd be more inclined to make the purchase. It's just not that different over the current model ... and as such, doesn't warrant dropping all that money.

I fully expect a "DS Ultra-Lite" model by next year; you'll be able to wear it like a friggin' wrist watch ;)

nintendo is the master of rehashing, so you're probably right, and the sad thing is, the same people will buy the crap. I refuse to buy a lite, there's nothing wrong with my regular version.

Just got mine delieverd from Australia this morning.. quite impressed only took 5 working days to get to the UK :D

After having a quick play, all i can say is damn its lush.. build quality feels really good, and find it way more comfortable to use than the original DS... Lovely Vibrant screen with no stuck pixels..

"Yes Sir .... I really like it" :D

I'm still hesitating to get white or black
white looks all shiny and good looking
The only pictures ive seen of the black looks a bit dull where the dpad, and aprently theres the problem of finger prints

Even if they have any bad pixels, Nintendo will fix it almost no questions asked.

My original DS had one stuck pixel on the top screen. I filled out the online form, sent it in (their expense), and to it back in like a week.

Lucky you all Nintendo of Europe do is tell you to post it to a po box number at your own expense with a copy of your proof of purchase and a letter saying what the problem is with your name, address and phone number onit (think they wanted age on it too not sure).

Can you even send something via a trackable/recorded post or currier to a po box number? I don't know. :blink:

Even if they have any bad pixels, Nintendo will fix it almost no questions asked.

My original DS had one stuck pixel on the top screen. I filled out the online form, sent it in (their expense), and to it back in like a week.

Can you even send something via a trackable/recorded post or currier to a po box number? I don't know. :blink:

Yes, but it's pretty worthless anyhow. Can't send like UPS or anything like that, it would have to be whatever you country is, the government mail service.

Lucky you all Nintendo of Europe do is tell you to post it to a po box number at your own expense with a copy of your proof of purchase and a letter saying what the problem is with your name, address and phone number onit (think they wanted age on it too not sure).

To add to the Nintendo bashing, Nintendo Germany did not even react to my enquiries. I tried it four times, not a single answer.

Ren & Stimpy reference? =)

I have played with the original DS (nice roommate, let me use his...). I haven't tried out the new one, but I liked the old one though.
I haven't noticed that, as I play Tetris DS on nothing short of level 20 (all the rest are too slow)

NOA is really good about repairs, my origiDS had 1 stuck pixel (it wasn't there when i first got it, or was it?) on the touch screen, and they replaced it for me. Luckily my DS lite is dead pixel free.

Back