Icontrolpad

aesir911

aesir triumphs
if you don't know what this is, click this link. do you think this or anything like it will ever come out? i would love to do this with my jailbroken ipod touch.

craigix said:
Yes it really is going to come out.

do they have a release date scheduled yet? (by the way criag, the link on your online store is a little messed up. when i tried clicking on the xbox360 portion, it transferred me to the dingoo section.)

Last edited by a moderator:
aesir911 said:
craigix said:
Yes it really is going to come out.

do they have a release date scheduled yet?
'They' is the person you just quoted :p. Yep, Craig is the man behind the magic.

And no, there isn't a release date yet. Pandora probably takes priority.

I'm looking forward to it too. It's gonna be awesome if enough devs implement it :).

Great news, thanks.

I know ED did a render for the old model, do you have one for the updated version? :)

craigix said:
It is due to be completed in March.

it will work with the ipod touch, right? not just the iphone.

iprice said:
craigix said:

Two months :p

Sorry, couldn't help it :D

It's actually been done, parts paid for, stored and waiting for ages as we wanted to use the nubs on the pandora first.

craigix said:
iprice said:
craigix said:

Two months :p

Sorry, couldn't help it :D

It's actually been done, parts paid for, stored and waiting for ages as we wanted to use the nubs on the pandora first.

ah, thus it being completed in march. how much will you be charging for this device (including shipping)? also, what is the best jailbreak program to use this with emulators and such.

aesir911 said:
what is the best jailbreak program to use this with emulators and such.
Zodttd is the only developer of playable emulators on the iPhone: blog.
It just so happens that he is actively supporting the iControlpad and will include support for it in all his emulators. ;)

Edit: And, IIRC, Appstore devs can choose to support it if they want to aswell. I'm not sure how that'll sit with Apple though.

Since emulators are the main use and apple don't allow emulators we don't much care what they think. We will do an ipad for android phones (it will fit any phone just about) so there is market for expansion.

pandora said:
aesir911 said:
It just so happens that he is actively supporting the iControlpad and will include support for it in all his emulators. ;)

Edit: And, IIRC, Appstore devs can choose to support it if they want to aswell. I'm not sure how that'll sit with Apple though.

does it matter what jailbreak firmware you use on your ipod touch? or does he have a special one designed for homebrew emulators? (i'd like to use blackra1n)

craigix said:
Since emulators are the main use and apple don't allow emulators we don't much care what they think. We will do an ipad for android phones (it will fit any phone just about) so there is market for expansion.
They do in a fashion. Following the C64 emulator was quite fun, specially when they removed it because a backdoor allowed you to access C64 BASIC! I've no idea what they were trying to stop. Maybe they don't want people creating unauthorised emulators by coding them in C64 BASIC... (That would be fun - the real retro feel :))

craigix said:

Thank you for not forgetting about us android users! Me and my Cliq(Dext) will be anxiously awaiting this product!!!

aesir911 said:
pandora said:
aesir911 said:

does it matter what jailbreak firmware you use on your ipod touch? or does he have a special one designed for homebrew emulators? (i'd like to use blackra1n)
It doesn't really work like that. There are no custom firmwares like on the psp, everytime Apple releases a new firmware (eg the current one, 3.1.2) a number of dev teams get to work and find an exploit. One such dev team will then release a program (in this case blackra1n) which takes advantage of the exploit and gives you root acces to your iPod/iPhone. In other words you ae now jailbroken. Zodttd is a pretty active developer and so his emulators work on the current firmware just fine.

You need to jailbreak the iPhone to have it wok with the iControlpad?
I thought every phone can pluged in straight right out of the box, because this way you reach a HUGE ammount of customers. I can imagine, jailbreaking is not easy and nothing fo the most iPhone users. But I bet the most iPhone users want to play theit Apps with the iControlpad. (Assuming the iControlpad automaticly supports the most apps what I hope. :) )

Nope, no automatic support, that is indeed hoping for a bit much :).
As I said, AppStore devs can choose to support it. The iControlpad's reliance on a jailbreak will depend on this.

Craig, maybe you could confirm the above. You said it would work with specially coded AppStore apps a while ago, but I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Good thing you didn't call this the "iPad". Bad for apply I'm already seeing jokes on the internet about this name. New feminine hygene products...

what are the disadvantages of jalbreaking your ipod touch with blackra1n (or whichever one will work with the icontrolpad)? besides warranty being void. also, will blackra1n work with zodttd's emulators (tried to ask that earlier, but i phrased it wrong)?

Back