Icontrolpad

Squidge said:
craigix said:
Since emulators are the main use and apple don't allow emulators we don't much care what they think. We will do an ipad for android phones (it will fit any phone just about) so there is market for expansion.
They do in a fashion. Following the C64 emulator was quite fun, specially when they removed it because a backdoor allowed you to access C64 BASIC! I've no idea what they were trying to stop. Maybe they don't want people creating unauthorised emulators by coding them in C64 BASIC... (That would be fun - the real retro feel :))

Thanks for that Squidge - you just made me smile :)

The thought of coding anything in C64 BASIC just makes me giggle... I know that BASIC is generally thought of as bad, but C64 BASIC takes bad to a whole new level :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
aesir911 said:
what are the disadvantages of jalbreaking your ipod touch with blackra1n (or whichever one will work with the icontrolpad)? besides warranty being void. also, will blackra1n work with zodttd's emulators (tried to ask that earlier, but i phrased it wrong)?

Only disadvantage I can see:
If your iPod touch is 3rd gen, the jailbreak is tethered. What this means is that when you switch off your iPod, to switch it on again you'll have to hook it up to a PC and re-run blackra1n.
I thought this would be a pain at first. Then I realised the iPod's stupidly slow boot-up time means I'd never ever switch it off anyway. The 'Lock' mode does just fine.

And yes, all jailbreak methods are compatible with every jailbreak program or mod. Zodttd's emulators will work with blackra1n.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig: while we're on the subject, what is the completed iPhone game you mentioned on your Twitter? Is it Wizzley? I was under the impression that it was finished a while ago, but there were complications with accepting you as a dev or something...

Back