I'm Not Going To Get My Pandora Before School Starts, Am I?

lobski

Welp, I was pretty sure of myself that I would get my Pandora before school starts, I was expecting to have the item in my hand early August. I'm in line 1000-1100. But what's even more depressing is that someone I know who's in like 450-500 hasn't even gotten a tracking email yet.

THIS IS ALL HAPPENING OVER AGAIN
LAST AUGUST I WAS DISAPPOINTED,
THAT
I WOULD NOT GET MY 'DORA IN TIME FOR SCHOOL
IT IS NOW
HAPPENING.
ALL.
OVER AGAIN

brb bed

Did you go to bed to cry? I'm not taking the piss or anything.

Edit:

I think Ed should host a support group :)

All the nice, sensitive people should support each other.

(naw)mcx said:
I was wondering if I'd get mine before my S4 exams.

After my S5 exams, I almost got used to the whole waiting thing ;)

+1 (although different exams) im 350-450

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the Pandora when I had been in college for less than a month. 2 years later, I've finished college and I'm starting University in September. I wonder if I'll get it before I start on September 20th? ("600-700")

I've gotten used to waiting, and honestly I'm thankful I'm later in the queue as QC has improved. My friend got a one-nub but the LCD cable failed! So I guess waiting's a good thing. Still, I can't wait to get my hands on the bloody thing :D.

Just do what I did! Go pick up a retro handheld like a Game Gear or a Gameboy Color, and a smack load of games. I still haven't beaten Sonic 1...

I got my Game Gear for $7, and all of the games were free, or traded for. Though its a battery hog, I can live with it. I got an AC adapter and I'm looking for a battery pack.

Even better: if you have enough money get a wiz or a dingoo... or get a ben nanonote or something like that. That will keep you happy. Want something a little more hardcore? Go get a netbook and install Arch Linux on it. (arch is the only thing that works for mine that I have tried) or better yet, angstrom... to um... make it a little more like the Pandora.

Anyway, Im going to wait a long while before ordering... in case I have something more worth while to spend my money on.

I'm 31, taking college courses on the side in between 48 to 50 hours of work a week. I expect to get my degree some time in 2018, hopefully I'll have my Pandora sometime between then. If not I'll be upset.

I'm honestly loving mine guys, when they started shipping I couldn't resist and had to get an answer to where I was in line and was told 450-550 and got mine the end of June.

So I think the above notes could have been before they merged the lists, seeing how I've read a few times now that there are over 700 pandoras in the wild now.

I'm loving mine too. It frustrates me that the old feeling of "never going to get my Pandora" has been replaced by "shit, the dudes on the board don't have theirs yet" .. but hey .. guys .. it rocks. You'll love it when it finally arrives in your hands ..

Hi My name's Rich and I'm addicted to waiting for my Pandora.

I'm worried that I'll not have something else to wait for when it arrives. :(

gp32rich said:

So... are you saying we should start a preorder for the Pandora 2 right after?
Even if it will take a few years and we have no idea yet what we will change? :p

Just so you have something to wait for :D

Last edited:
gp32rich said:

Worry ye not. You will still have the tv cable to wait for. :rolleyes:

And as one of presumably the last 350-450 yet to get mine so hopeful for this next batch. I also try to cheer myself up that the qc improvement is worth the extra wait.

EvilDragon said:
gp32rich said:

Even if it will take a few years and we have no idea yet what we will change? :p

That's tempting....

Hahaha.

when i pre ordered the pandora i was still finishing my thesis,

had to pay for a lot for ceremony and paperwork fees so i sold my preorder, took way much longer and got a refund so i got my preorder back.

my laptop failed so i had to sell it again, and again i got a refund because of the delays.

just yesterday i became professor in the university and i'm still waiting 4 it.

this is Pandora Life!!! +2 Months more 4 my panda??????.

PD:being off the boards for 3 weeks gave me enough time to find a girlfriend :D.

DroneB Dev said:
PD:being off the boards for 3 weeks gave me enough time to find a girlfriend :D .

A very good piece of advice, thanks :D

only one problem, getting off these boards is more difficult than finding a girlfriend

EvilDragon said:
gp32rich said:

It IS kinda like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid. Although at this point I would fear Santa got stuck in the chimney and died.

Back