Im Putting My Gp2x Behind Me

chiefsmurph

Still Fresh
I've caved in for the psp. I felt that the gp2x development was moving slowly. This has nothing to do with the developers, but its just math. The psp has a huge development community and its been out longer (i think). I knew the gp2x was underdog, but I felt it didn't meet up to the challenge. I'm sure the gp2x developers are much more skilled than many of the psp developers. Im an impacient person and have had all the fun I will get with it for a while.

However, Im sure I will regret this in 6-12 months time. The playstation emulator is making great progress and I will be pissed that I didn't stay around to see what comes of it. And I did really like the gp2x and it was a tough decision to make. The first thing I checked in making the decision was the megadrive emulator. I will miss drmd.

I'm planning on buying one for cheap off of ebay and am hoping I will be able to make an even trade. I figured I would try to sell it to you guys first because you would do the most with it.

Heres some of the stuff I obtained during my time with it. You can buy any of it. I am willing to negotiate. First column is how much Im selling it for and second is how much I bought it for.

Gp2x (great condition) 165 190
Ext -> Usb B mini 20 40
Powered usb hub (cyberpower cph420mp) 15 20
Everything 195

The Ext->Usb Cord will include a usb mini B female to usb A female adapter ($6) so you can actually plug stuff in. It fits really nicely onto it and doesn't look clunky. I got all the usb cord stuff from artaylor so you can feel confident its made well.

I have an extra 2.5' 60GB laptop hdd that I bought for the hdd enclosure Im using for my gp2x. It didn't work in it, but Im sure it would work in your laptop. Ill sell that for $20. You can check out the ebay listing from where I bought it at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110029877317. I accept paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm... sounds intresting....
question: do you accept bank transfers
question2: how much do you ask more if I want this to be shipped to belgium (Europe)
question3: what gp2x is it, a first edition, a second,....

Because, I have a paypal account, but no credit card. I get money on it by coding jobs, but at the moment I do not have enough by far.
I could however, do an international transfer from bank to bank, via a IBAN, or BIC code.
If that is no option, I am even willing to try a money transfer via Western Union (so you can pick it up at your local post office), but I prefer not, because it will cost me A LOT more.

Just to let you know, I am intrested, please PM me if you want a private conversation, or you can respond here.
I would buy the GP2X and the ext->usb, but I'd rather not have the hub, unless I have to buy it.

Thanks,
Reinout,

Hmm.. The 'slowness' of releases is probably mainly due to the 3(or 2) competitions coming up that end in December and they do not allow 'pre releases' of entries.

yaustar posted on Sep 23 2006 at 08:45 PM said:
Hmm.. The 'slowness' of releases is probably mainly due to the 3(or 2) competitions coming up that end in December and they do not allow 'pre releases' of entries.
Exacly my thought...

yaustar posted on Sep 23 2006 at 11:45 AM said:

Wow, I really hope that's the case, because I've definitely started to feel like maybe I should have gone with a PSP instead.

No guys dont do PSP, it may have a couple things better (GBA right now and I think SNES still havent gotten my GP2X) but, its always a pain. The entire scene is immature your going to get your hopes crushes time and time again as people release elaborate fake videos. Your going to have to deal with Scene BS and tons of other stuff. Trust me, the PSP has a much lower cap then the GP2X. Hardware wise PSP is a little better, but its all closed source meaning that that the GP2X will probably get father in HB and EMUs in the end.

We will see what happens. I am certainly happy with my GP2X after having been in the PSP 'scene, although I will admit I would love GBA emulation.

I'm currently loving the PSP scene. If I can knock my new PSP about anything, its' the screen - it can have some really noticeable ghosting and is definitely not as nice as the GP2X's. It makes up for it by being huge, though.

I'll throw the battery powered hdd enclosure I was using in there also. It was called a digimate ii-plus. Worked perfectly and without using the powered hub. Somebody please take all this stuff off of my hands. All or nothing. 200$. Everything is in great condition. $200

gp2x, ext -> usb cord, digimate ii-plus, battery-powered usb hub

This is ridiculous. I will miss it all.

Im 99% sure its an MKII. Is there a way I can verify this? I bought it last August from playasia, so I'm pretty sure.

chiefsmurph posted on Sep 25 2006 at 05:46 PM said:
Im 99% sure its an MKII. Is there a way I can verify this? I bought it last August from playasia, so I'm pretty sure.
Last August? Definitely and MKI. MKIIs weren't manufactured until late January 2006 if I remember correctly.

iignotus posted on Sep 25 2006 at 03:54 PM said:
chiefsmurph posted on Sep 25 2006 at 05:46 PM said:
Last August? Definitely and MKI. MKIIs weren't manufactured until late January 2006 if I remember correctly.

I meant August 2006.

Back