Pandora improved SDL for pandora

You can also set it up from your launch script, if you feel your game should be played like that by others, or you can add ingame option that later runs system("sudo -n ..").

http://pandorawiki.org/Kernel_interface#using_predefined_filters

Oh and welcome back to the dev scene, looking forward for your new releases.
Thanks notaz. I'm using this script to restore the user's preference afterwards (although it gets restored after a reboot anyway):

#!/bin/sh

export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=omapdss
export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=pixelperfect

user_filter=$(head -n 1 /etc/pandora/conf/filter.state)
sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_videofir.sh none

./Application

sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_videofir.sh $user_filter

exit 0

Where have you been hiding!? :D
Hey Poke :)

I found a minor bug (or at least a different behaviour).

Pressing the Fn key generates key events (key.keysym.sym = 255).

In unimproved SDL pressing the Fn key doesn't generate key events.

Usually the Fn key is something that is handled internally by the keyboard, so it never generates any key event on its own that could reach the OS. However, as the Pandora has no separate keyboard acting on its own this behaviour is being emulated by the OS, which causes key events.

That might actually be a planned behaviour to keep the Fn key's original function working in games using it.

Yeah I thought it might be useful to send a keycode, maybe somebody wants to use it for something.

Could be removed though, or maybe I should make another config env var..

I am about to use the key codes to make individual dosgame PND wrappers for my personal use however I am not familiar with the ev_keycodes.

If someone has the location where I can find these key codes that would be great.

bind ev_space = SDLK_RCTRL <-- as an example doesn't seem to work with the right trigger or such

Hi all :)

@notaz : is there a way to unbind / mute a key with your improved SDL version ?

That would be useful for Retrobattle, where the "F" key (for fullscreen mode) conflicts with SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE="fullscreen", resulting in a black screen.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hey, when I use SDL with mplayer I can smoothly play videos larger than 800x480, but the colors are all shifted. Like, it's grayscale with offset colors. Is there anything I can set to fix that?

Hey, when I use SDL with mplayer I can smoothly play videos larger than 800x480, but the colors are all shifted. Like, it's grayscale with offset colors. Is there anything I can set to fix that?
Are you sure the videos are playing well with the SDL renderer? usually It starts off fine, but then later sound goes out of sync. if said video plays well with SDL it should run better with omapfb and HW scaling.

Back