In a parallel world, Mr dragon lurks :)

korky

Still Fresh
When driving home tonight, I looked at the sign for my home town, Kirkcaldy; I have looked at this sign 1000's of times but tonight for some reason the penny dropped. Kirkcaldy is twinned with Ingolstadt Evil D's home town, lol how bizzare.

When driving home tonight, I looked at the sign for my home town, Kirkcaldy; I have looked at this sign 1000's of times but tonight for some reason the penny dropped. Kirkcaldy is twinned with Ingolstadt Evil D's home town, lol how bizzare.
A match made in ... the bottom of a barrel. :p

Yep. Definately. The representatives of your town are here in Ingolstadt every two years for the MIBA (that's an exhibition) and I always get free Guinness cause I know them :D

Yep. Definately. The representatives of your town are here in Ingolstadt every two years for the MIBA (that's an exhibition) and I always get free Guinness cause I know them :D

mmmmm Guinness, not very Scottish, but still my favourite tipple :eek:P

So, you're coming with them to Ingolstadt in 2011? :D
Affraid not, did not even know what MIBA was until you mentioned it! I see your home towns main employer is Audi, another parallel, I have one of those too :)

Affraid not, did not even know what MIBA was until you mentioned it! I see your home towns main employer is Audi, another parallel, I have one of those too :)
Speaking of parallels then... I used to get my Audi serviced etc in Kirkcaldy! :)

It's a small world!

I still don't really know the point of twin towns, but just found that my town is twinned with one in Germany too, called Gladbeck, and that Gladbeck comes from the low german meaning 'gleamy' 'brook'.

I didn't know that was the twin town

I didn't know there was a town called Gladbeck

and didn't know what 'low german' meant until just now.

But years ago we used to mess around down this carpark on a road called Gladbeck, and only now I know why.

It has a gleamy brook running along it behind the flats.

Satisfied I have learnt something new today, that's all please carry on, minor derailment

Back