iOS Minecraft

Norfen

Still Fresh
Gentlemen (and Ladies), I bring to you this. An official port to a different platform means more ports may come. Official Minecraft is seeming less of a pipe dream.

Also, Notch better make it iControlPad compatible.

but the more interesting/relevant news is that an android port is being done, so even if the pandora isnt' running android, at least the native code will need to be translated to arm, that and notch has a pandora, so you never know

but the more interesting/relevant news is that an android port is being done, so even if the pandora isnt' running android, at least the native code will need to be translated to arm, that and notch has a pandora, so you never know

Didn't hear anything about Android, but I don't doubt you. Android is even better to have it ported to. Double celebration is in order.

if notch gets it to work on a arm iphone then making work on arm android souldn't be hard at all since it is already compiled for arm. maybe he will release minecraft for arm linux while he is at it :blink:

I for one kind of hope Minecraft doesn't make it to the Pandora. I like Minecraft, and if there were a Pandora version I'd flunk out of college for sure!

Finally get to say it... POSTED FROM MY PANDORA!!! (while in philosophy class taking an exam =P)

- trix

Last edited by a moderator:
if notch gets it to work on a arm iphone then making work on arm android souldn't be hard at all since it is already compiled for arm. maybe he will release minecraft for arm linux while he is at it :blink:

I don't think you can do a straight compile of objective c to Android. Android NDK only supports C/C++

I don't think you can do a straight compile of objective c to Android. Android NDK only supports C/C++
Well i don't know exactly how different compilers work. I was just making a quick observation, and i not knowing the details on how it is done. So please excuse my programming noobness.

Well i don't know exactly how different compilers work. I was just making a quick observation, and i not knowing the details on how it is done. So please excuse my programming noobness.
More than just different compilers, different programming languages.

Let's just hope It's been written in a nice language agnostic way, so its nearly just a substitution in syntax. Might nearly run on Android as it is if the native sections are translated, ios would need the whole thing translated to obj c, so more work there

Back