iPhone 5S performance 'shocking'

Garrett

Advanced Member
Sorry guys.. couldn't resist

According to Chair (Infinity Blade games)

It all sounds very impressive to my untrained ears & I do need a new phone, but I just can't bring myself to add my hard earned to Apple's substantial coffers.

Last edited by a moderator:
All sounds more or less in the context of GPU, for what it's worth. Which should be similar to Adreno 330 in S800.

Hmmm would this improve emulation performance exophase is it basically comparing 2 lanes to a dual carriageway or is there more to it than that,surely this will improve performance in apps that use just one core?

Apple now have two processors in the 5S.. Seems like the M4 processor they're using does more than we think :D
i thought the main processor was the a7 and the m7 was dedicated to motion functions ie  accelerometer and gyroscope

My understanding of the coprocessor was that it could remain on at all times with very little power draw, allowing them to do things like count your steps (pedometer) without draining your battery.

that apple a7 looks pretty impressive. First 64bit armv8 in the mobile space. Very exciting.

I don't drink apple's koolaid, but thats some seriously impressive marketing. The naysayers *I've heard* don't even mention this aspect of it saying enough hasn't changed. But that is quite the accomplishment. Wish they would went with a cortex a-57 reference design, that would seriously been impressive IMO, but this is still pretty good.

I would like to see how it competes with cortex a15's I know it's not a straight "apples to apples" comparison (pun intended) because of the differences in architecture. (arm v7 vs arm v8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back