Iphone

Zoppe

can we run/emulate the iphone games?
i know nothing about the iphone itself, i just read on pocketgamer that it is more powerful than the ds...... maybe it's not possible.

Zoppe said:
i know nothing about the iphone itself, i just read on pocketgamer that it is more powerful than the ds...... maybe it's not possible.
What game would you want to play that's so original that you'd want to run the iphone version?

My fav to run is the wooden puzzle game but i would be perfectly fine not ever playing that on the pandora/gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends.

If you mean the game that jailbreakers had before the appstore, than possibly yes.
If you mean the games you buy on the appstore, than most probably no.

If you meant the former, than it would depend on the game. Many of the games would use specific features of the iPhone, like UIkit, the accelerometers, or the multitouch capabilities. Any of those things wouldn't work, simply because no suitable alternative exists on the Pandora.

Some games, especailly those ported to the iPhone from other platforms, may have more portable code, and a port would be much more likely.
A good example would be gPSP, the gameboy advance emulator. It is designed to run on many platforms, which makes it a likely candidate for a pandora port.

jbr said:
A good example would be gPSP, the gameboy advance emulator. It is designed to run on many platforms, which makes it a likely candidate for a pandora port.
And it is already ported to the GP2X :)

Zoppe said:
The Ipod Touch is only $200 or less, best to just get one. And it doesn't really have any games anyway (well, not yet, and not that you could play without it, like emulating the Wii without a Wiimote basically.)

Hmm, $169 actually http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180297009543

Last edited by a moderator:
it has some interesting games but nothing that hasn't been seen as freeware on the PC before

Any author could choose to port their game, but obviously they wouldn't have the help of the iphone SDK, or accelerometer or multi-touch support (pandora screen is resistive with no multi-touch support).

maybe with an accelerometer add-on? maybe something like the ds motion (provided drivers are avaliable and the coder spent time and work on this feature)

I'm pretty sure this would not happen.

Unless we ain't talking App Store. Jailbroke apps COULD be ported. But not much point, even with a accelerometer, the games would be a wee bit awquard, don't you think?

I don't think it's really gonna happen. The iPhone games are okay, but they're really just something to do if you're bored somewhere and you don't have your ds or something with you. (I do have an iPhone, I know what I'm talking about--but don't judge, I have a nokia n810 too...) Furthermore, I doubt an accelerometer would work very well with the clamshell design--it's awkward to balence properly.

only game that i would ever even consider even asking for a port would be igolf but that a game is closed source, is a accelerometer based game, and honestly i can't play anything on the ipod touch for more than 5 minutes (except the original metroid i almost beat it on it but failed to beat mother brain with the aboslutely horrendous controls)

Back