Is Anyone Working On A Cps3 Emulator?

Vince2501

I hate to keep harping on the subject, but for me (and I'm sure others) this would be the killer emulator to have. And for me, I would prefer this over PSX and N64 emulation. Street Fighter 3, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and Warzard are brilliant and groundbreaking fighters that remain infinitely re-playable... okay, maybe Warzard isn't quite as deep as the others due to a limited character roster, but it's still fun and a very different fighter.

Is this even being worked on?

Thanks

If someone is porting the latest Final Burn Alpha, then wouldn't that mean that CPS3 is supported?

I would also love to be able to play SF III: Third Strike on the go. I remember when I first got Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for PS2, and first played 3rd Strike. It was so awesome.

quadomatic said:
If someone is porting the latest Final Burn Alpha, then wouldn't that mean that CPS3 is supported?

I would also love to be able to play SF III: Third Strike on the go. I remember when I first got Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for PS2, and first played 3rd Strike. It was so awesome.
I'm sure all in good time there will be a way to play CPS3 games on the Pandora. Even when MAME is ported it might have support for it. I wonder what version of MAME is going to be ported and how recent the version is going to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vince2501 said:
I hate to keep harping on the subject, but for me (and I'm sure others) this would be the killer emulator to have. And for me, I would prefer this over PSX and N64 emulation. Street Fighter 3, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and Warzard are brilliant and groundbreaking fighters that remain infinitely re-playable... okay, maybe Warzard isn't quite as deep as the others due to a limited character roster, but it's still fun and a very different fighter.

Is this even being worked on?
Thanks

I am sure if craigix ask Oopsware http://oopsware.googlepages.com/ or Treble Winner http://www.barryharris.me.uk/ we can see very fast a working FBA port on the Pandora or Beagle.
Oopsware has already made a FBA port for linux based mobiles and is currently making a core for the PSP. http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php?topic=962.0

jens

The latest version of Finalburn Alpha for Windows Mobile allows for very playable CPS3 games. I'd say the speed is better than half speed (with sound) on my XSCALE processor overclocked to 624 mhz. Seeing how the Pandora will be that much more powerful - I don't think CPS3 emulation should be a problem.

That said, there's only a handful of games, and they're all fighters - so it shouldn't be a high priority. I'd like to see it, but way below N64.

MMMmmm....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone port a FBA or MAME version with CPS3 support, won't he have to optimize the code for each emulated system individually?

someboddy said:
MMMmmm....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone port a FBA or MAME version with CPS3 support, won't he have to optimize the code for each emulated system individually?
Squidge is already porting Final Burn Alpha though (right?). And yeah, I suppose so.

It might not be a bad idea to go with FBA though, since FBA has CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, Neo-Geo MVS and Taito (?).

Barnaby said:
Isn't Street Fighter Alpha 3 in the newest Pandora video? Does that mean CPS3 is confirmed? I have no idea about this really, I was just wondering if it is CPS3, or some different version.
SFA3 is a CPS2 game. Street Fighter III games are CPS3.

Ah OK, thanks for clearing that up. I was confused for a moment there. I've wanted to play Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for a while now, so CPS3 emulation would be nice, but I wouldn't think it to be at the top of any coders priorities, seeing as it has few games.

Back