Make Sure Cps3 Emulator Is Created Not Fba...

Sugar_Kane said:
Na-Noo said:
Sugar_Kane said:
the only thing that drew people too it was the "gore" and fatalities, because in those days there was no real internet where your kids could happily go and look at autopsies and road accidents.
Wait there, didn't you say you didn't get it?

That's right, I don't get the attraction personally, but I think that's what people liked about it
Well to be serious for a second.
The first where just about the graphics, at the time everything else was cartoon. It had real people doing all this crazy fatalities etc. Think played it about twice and it just never grabbed me.
But it did actually improve as the series went on.
Can't remember which came first MK or Pitfighter I think it was called.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Mortal Kombat II on the megadrive. Didnt like the first one.

I believe pitfighter was first! God that was a dreadful game... everyone looked like they were constipated

B-ZaR said:
I've been meaning to play a SF after some rehash of SF2, but have never found myself in a position to do so. Maybe I'll try one again with my pandora :)
I highly recommend Street Fighter Zero 2/Street Fighter Alpha 2. :p I'm not a huge fighter fan, but I've found this one to be what I would consider to be well-balanced, and very good fun.

Are any of these SF versions mentioned in this thread even possibly be emulated on the Pandy? :unsure:

Well, Street Fighter Zero 2 is a CPS2 title, so I would imagine that that one would work. :p I can't speak for the rest, though.

Dunny said:
john4p said:
Street Fighter is not a "game thingie". It's a timeless skill game like Poker, Backgammon or Chess - especially Street Fighter III: Second Impact, Street Fighter III: Third Strike and (the just released) Super Street Fighter IV.

Um, to my mind it's definitely not in the same league as Chess or Backgammon! It appears to be a case of watching what the opponent is doing (or not doing) and mashing buttons in order to gain the upper hand. I'm sure there's an element of skill in there, but the game really doesn't appeal to me - but that's not to say that it's not a good game for people who enjoy that sort of thing :)

As has been said, it's probably unlikely that an emulator will be forthcoming in the next few months, but I'm sure if you get down and dirty with the system specs you could come up with one yourself?

D.

Just curious, Are you just not much of a fighter fan, or is it Street Fighter specifically that you don't care for?

Mofokubik said:
edit..or mugen with both streetfighter and mortalkombat characters, that would be interesting.

Except that MUGEN is not open source. The only chance you will see something close to MUGEN on the Pandora is if SHUGENDO or similar gets a port.

However, while we're hoping for something like MUGEN, let's hope we get a MUGEN clone that can actually play MUGEN games, so we can have Card Saga Wars: http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/main.htm

That game will be amazing when it is finally released.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
However, while we're hoping for something like MUGEN, let's hope we get a MUGEN clone that can actually play MUGEN games, so we can have Card Saga Wars: http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/main.htm

That game will be amazing when it is finally released.

-God Ginrai
Agreed. Though we will all be busy playing Duke Nukem Forever when it does.

God Ginrai said:
Dunny said:
john4p said:
Street Fighter is not a "game thingie". It's a timeless skill game like Poker, Backgammon or Chess - especially Street Fighter III: Second Impact, Street Fighter III: Third Strike and (the just released) Super Street Fighter IV.

Um, to my mind it's definitely not in the same league as Chess or Backgammon! It appears to be a case of watching what the opponent is doing (or not doing) and mashing buttons in order to gain the upper hand. I'm sure there's an element of skill in there, but the game really doesn't appeal to me - but that's not to say that it's not a good game for people who enjoy that sort of thing :)

As has been said, it's probably unlikely that an emulator will be forthcoming in the next few months, but I'm sure if you get down and dirty with the system specs you could come up with one yourself?

D.

Just curious, Are you just not much of a fighter fan, or is it Street Fighter specifically that you don't care for?

Back in the 80s and 90s, yes, I was quite the fan of arcade beat-em-ups - Amiga's Barbarian and IK+, Way of the Exploding Fist on the Speccy, coin-ops like Final Fight, TMNT etc - and I found them all very good fun to play. Then I found a Street Fighter arcade, and found it to be... well, dull to be honest. It had absolutely no soul to it at all. I absolutely adore Soul Blade on PS1 and still play it regularly.

I found it very strange that the kids around me were going SF mad - I assumed it was because of the rather skimpily clad girlie fighters rather than the gameplay which didn't match any of the other fighting games I'd enjoyed.

So yeah, I think it's just the SF series, and the more they get hyped the less likely I am to believe that they're any good. Had a bash on SF IV and found it direly wanting in the re-playability stakes and didn't seem to require anything more than random button mashing to get through the first few rounds. In fact, I think that Wii Sports Resort has a better (swords) fighting game in it.

Never played the MK games, and really don't want to!

D.

God in heaven, I can only hope this is trolling. You guys seriously consider STREET FIGHTER as a hardcore fighter that requires any speck of skill other than pounding the buttons as fast as you can? The Street Fighter series has been a broken mess since Street Fighter II. Sure, the first game was exceptionally great for a fighter of its time, but now Street Fighter just caters to casual gamers who want something easy to play for ten minutes. They release a new version every other year to keep the masses sucked in. And are there even any noticeable differences? Of course not! Oh, and another Ryu clone doesn't count.

If (God forbid) you're serious, I suggest you go play an actually GOOD fighting game:
shaqfu.jpg

I don't see how FBA is inadequate for playing CPS3. It's the only CPS3 emulator that I know of, and it's worked quite well whenever I've tried it.

When you post "i'm telling you"...who exactly are you telling? You can hope that someone will choose to work on a CPS3 emulator, but you can't issue a command to a community of developers who work out of their own interest.

No one cares if you want to impress your friends with fullspeed Street Fighter III. Don't get me wrong though: I would love to play Street Fighter III on the go.

quadomatic said:
I don't see how FBA is inadequate for playing CPS3. It's the only CPS3 emulator that I know of, and it's worked quite well whenever I've tried it.

When you post "i'm telling you"...who exactly are you telling? You can hope that someone will choose to work on a CPS3 emulator, but you can't issue a command to a community of developers who work out of their own interest.

No one cares if you want to impress your friends with fullspeed Street Fighter III. Don't get me wrong though: I would love to play Street Fighter III on the go.

There's also an emulator by the maker of Nebula that runs CPS3 games specifically. It's better than the FBA implementation as far as I can tell, but I believe the source is closed.

Mortal Kombat always wins!

But if it's a choice of one and only one Street Fighter game:

Marval Vs Capcom 2!!

With FBA on my Athlon Neo (performs virtually identical to Athlon 64) laptop I tested it at multiple clock speeds specifically for SF3 third strike, and at about 1ghz it runs the game fine, it gets a few dropped frames during some supers but that's it.

I wouldn't see it as impossible to get third strike running decently with a decent port of FBA and some overclocking.

while im not a fan of the street fighter franchise, capcom makes the best fighting engines imho, snk comes a close second.

its not fair to call any "vs capcom" game a street fighter game, or any other capcom fighter for that matter, they play vastly different. its like saying soul calibur is a tekken game.

mortal kombat was a fad. and like all lame lifeless fads, cannot be resurrected to anything near the "glory" it once was (not even on xblive har har). can anyone say old school casual consumer product?

Fighting games not my bad other than Tekken 2 on psx.

paulguy said:
You know, periods are used to end sentences, too. Not just ellipses. :)
Hell! Is that what those ... things are called?

Sugar_Kane said:
you don't say...
lol

B-ZaR said:
But he's not using ellipses! Ellipses have three points, his clearly have four! Well, most of the time anyway :D

So Atownaction was using BOTH ellipses and a full stop (that English for a period).

Back