Would SuperZaxxon make money?

You dont need to add phone functionality. If SZ ran withing an App on top of the normal OS no phone-specific code would be needed

The average users like myself don't give a crap (or don't even know) what's running on top of what as long as it runs well we'll buy it.  Look at all the stuff, good and not good, they put on Play Store all make money.    
There is still the question if the money that is beeing made is worth the effort that has to be put into it is. notaz (which is as far as I know, not motivated my money) would need to make certain that super zaxxon and all pnds would keep working over a variety of plattforms, sounds like an awful lot of work. Plus the time you have to spend on support, something neither notaz nor Ed would have time for. Additionally, with the Pandora beeing a "non 3G/4g/whatever" device, most people would expect at least some basic phone functionality which would need to be added, which would add to the dev and support time.

In the end I would like to extend your statement: "The average user does not care wether he uses open software or closed software as long as it does what he/she wants" 

With that in mind, which software do you deem beeing a "system seller" for SZ on Android devices ?
What support?  If notaz and OPT can make SZ run just like any other Android apk, users can just download PNDManager once they're in SZ enviroment and they're instantly connected to the Pandora Repo.  What?! notaz and OPT don't need money? 

Many PNDs make assumptions about the hardware they're running on - screen resolution, NEON, the presence of a keyboard and game controls, etc.

You'd either have to adapt the entire library of pnds, or exclude many of them and try to restructure the repo for a large number of platforms.

Not good :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You dont need to add phone functionality. If SZ ran withing an App on top of the normal OS no phone-specific code would be needed

What support?  If notaz and OPT can make SZ run just like any other Android apk, users can just download PNDManager once they're in SZ enviroment and they're instantly connected to the Pandora Repo.  What?! notaz and OPT don't need money? 
Missunderstood the original idea, I thought SZ was meant to run on the hardare directly - sorry for that.

But I still miss the selling point - unless notaz comes up with a brilliant idea to "simulate" the Pandoras hardware on a phone inside android - the gfx performance will be poor. But even if it would run full speed, and someone comes up with a brilliant idea to adapt Pandoras screen resolution and the controls to a touchscreen device with probably 1.5 times the resolution, what application do you think would persuade people to spend money on ?

And there is still the support factor - people nowadays give bad Google market ratings for slow or no communication with the developer, even if the application is free - with Ed barely able to handle the support he currently has to do, how should this be handled ?

If I was Notaz, or any other of the rather too few people that work on OS stuff, then I would probably say that my hands are already quite full trying to deal with one single, rather homogenous platform. And that the complaints and wishes and whatmore that originates from this community is quite enough to keep me busy enough. And thus that my desire to add a minor bazillion other hardware platforms with all kinds of variations in screen sizes, controls stucture, processors, memory and storage sizes - not to mention a major gazillion of users of said platforms, users whose patience has not been tempered by years of waiting on volcano clouds and burning delivery trucks, but rather has been spoilt by the ever-blinking lights of the app store promising untold immediate happiness for a mere 99 cents - that that desire is indeed so small as to make a really small thing seem rather big, really.

Then again, I'm not, so what do I know.

Yeah, lets just work hard on stealing Pandoras advantages further until it is really dead. -.-

implied-facepalm.jpg

In this regard, the ICP was a bad idea already.

It's like everyone is ripping the Pandora apart and glueing it's features onto all the mainstream chinashit (=smartphones) out there

where it just does not belong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back