Is flashing safe?

geo12

Retrofuturist
I want to flash the multifirmware on my GP32 so i can get win-ups but at the tutorial on GP32emu it kept talking about how you could leave you GP32 unusable.
Could a beginner like me flash it without destroying my system?

HELP :(

if you respect imple rules
have fresh battery..
dont turn off during flashing

it should be OK

Good luck

see you ;)

well follow all the instructions from the tut right and safely and BE SURE you have fresh new batteries in it or a godd ac/dc adapter.
flashing takles bout 15sec you might :ph34r: that time but then its kool :p

btw. when you flash and your gp32 turns off while flashing (old batteries...) then your gp32 definitely will be unusable as the old bios has been deleted.

(sry 4 english, im german...)

dont be afraid :D

edit: waa a few seconds to late :blink: :ph34r:

Thanks a lot.
which is better multifirmware or multifirmware2 and where can i find them?

I've changed my firmware several times over the past few weeks and I haven't even read the tutorial yet and my GP32 is fine.

if someone did mess up the gp32 is there some kind of cable to connect up to the PC to fix it again? I heard mister spiv had one so it's probably complex codie type stuff...

did it this afternoon, only have my gp for 2 days, it worked fine and I have no problems :) (I installed multifw.zip, I have no clue what the difference is between the two versions and I'm perfectly happy with the version I have)

if someone did mess up the gp32 is there some kind of cable to connect up to the PC to fix it again? I heard mister spiv had one so it's probably complex codie type stuff...
Yeah, you're right. There are a few people that can fix a bad BIOS, but you should only seek them out if that's your last resort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horray, i flashed the multifirmware correctly! it was a lot easier than i thought.
Thanks for your help. :D

Thinking about flashing but i wanted to know if errors could happen because i use a smc reader because when i use pc link it always comes up wit errors and could the same thing happen?

Just copy the files onto a smc, and then make sure they are the same size as the ones on your hd before loading the flash util. Spiv has a flashing util that verifies as it writes, so you know if your going to end up with a fubar'd bios or not (and if you are, you don't reset but re-run the flasher and have another go or flash back to the original)

Back