Is it somehow possible to run spectre?

true karma

I know very little about Spectre, except that it was a hardware + software combination that allowed your ST to emulate an Apple Macintosh, is there anyway to run it in castaway, I know there wouldn't be that much point, but it's just a thought. If not I'll have to wait for the Amiga emulator, and see how that copes with the Basilisk II Mac emulator, there's just something kinnda cool about running an emulator in an emulator, or maybe that's just me.

I used to run basilik/shapeshifter on my A1200/030. It was good fun. But wouldn't an 68000 with 1 meg strugle a bit though? It would be fun to try though... Photoshop1 anyone?

Spectre uses only the 128 KB roms. I think it was able to run System 7 in the later versions (Spectre GCR). But Spectre requires a monochrome emulator so it won't run in CaSTaway until there is a 640x400 mode. There's also Aladin which a very fine emulator at that time... hehe, would be cool to run ms-word on a gp 32 :rolleyes:

As a rule, emulating from within an emulator is usually so painfully slow as to be non-feasable. You can sometimes get it to work, but using or playing anything is usually not worth the effort, other than just for curiousity seekers to go, "hey, that's neat."

I managed to run winUAE on my pc, then ran Shapeshifter, but I guess that bit isn't really an emulator- more of an amiga wearing a mac disguise, then I ran a spectrum emu through that. I wonder how big a nest of emu's you could run? All the above ran at full speed. Pointless, but fun.

khephren posted on May 9 2003 said:
I managed to run winUAE on my pc, then ran Shapeshifter, but I guess that bit isn't really an emulator- more of an amiga wearing a mac disguise, then I ran a spectrum emu through that. I wonder how big a nest of emu's you could run? All the above ran at full speed. Pointless, but fun.
LOL!!!

crazy!

i wanna try that now :D (just for the sake of it :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back