Is My Gp2X Brick?

tony2k2

Still Fresh
Please help me i been search for month for answer for my gp2x color bar problem look like a rainbow screen. I try brand new battery but away see rainbow screen and alot color bar and sometime i see the gp2x logo black screen and it freeze. Is my gp2x brick or dead? I have cradle that ain't even got change use it. Please help!!!!

If someone know about this problem issue please help. I want to go sell it because i been wait a long time but no fix can anyway someone out there tell me if i going sell gp2x brick,cradle,power supply for the cradle and gp2x and a tv out cable 2 gb sd card and 2 ducell 2500 batter with a recharge how much do i going get. I spend over 300 dollar but now i only got change use a few month.

thank you!

It sounds like the firmware has become corrupted. Have you tried reinstalling the firmware?
You should be able to find the file in the file archive http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi
To reinstall the firmware extract the file onto the root of your SD card.
Make sure you have new batterys or a power cable plugged in beforerunning it!.
Switch on the GP2x while holding down select + home.
The firmware should begin installing.
Once its finished just restart the gp2x and see what happens ;)

Is will not work even i use fresh battery and the adaptor it not working too. I keep see that rainbow screen like alot color bar everytime i turn on. Can u offer me someone in the usa that can fix my gp2x i will offer 30 dollar and free shiping.

thank you

Now i can't even flash the firmware then how i going restore it. All i see it a rainbow screen with alot color bar when everytime i turn on.

Of course i flash alot time it work but now when everytime i turn on i see rainbow screen i think it the wrong adapter i buy from ebay. I don't want throw it away because i got cradle and tv out cable and power supply that cost over 100 dollar already lol

What are the details of the power adaptor ?.

Regulated ?.

3.0-3.3 volts ?.

1.0 Amp (Higher preferred) ?.

Centre Negative polarity ?.
powerplug-negative.jpg

Trooper

Specification:
Output( DC V/A ) :3.3V 2~2.5A
Input : 100 AC - 240 AC (50/60HZ)

is from ebay and from china

I dont know but when i plug in nothing happend. I will post some pic soon but how do post image in here.

Back