Is My Gp2x Bricked?

randomman

Still Fresh
I tried wanx and tried to uninstall it but now whenever I boot up all it shows is a black screen with a green line in the upper hand corner.Well somehow it managed to brick completely because now when I turn on it just shows the random colors, im going to send it in to get it fixed/replaced.

Sounds like it might be. You just need to search for the unbricking guide, that should fix it.

Try to reflash the firmware if you have a flashing compatible SD. It does sound like you've got a messed up menu though and I don't think the firmware will rebuild that.

This is still kind of a problem. I don't experiment much with anything that needs flashing to the nand for that reason.

I'm hoping that someone will figure out how to take an image of the whole filesystem and restore it using the USB cable so people can unbrick their own units.

randomman posted on Mar 31 2006 at 09:17 AM said:
I tried wanx and tried to uninstall it but now whenever I boot up all it shows is a black screen with a green line in the upper hand corner

If it DOES show the black gp2x-Logo at the beginning, the Bootloader works fine.
If it does show the green screen with gp2x logo, the Kernel works fine.

If it freezes after that, all you need to do is flash gp2xfile.img
If it freezes at the black bootloader screen, you need to reflash gp2xkernel.img (and eventually gp2xfile.img)

If it doesn't even show the black bootloader screen, it is bricked and you need JTAG.

Last edited:
WTF? This f*cking scripts are crap!

I will develop a GOOD app for install/uninstall WanX.

And sorry for brick your console "a bit" with my application :(

Finally is totally bricked?!
Have you bricked it upgrading kernel or using WanX scripts?

With scripts should be impossible, only touch filesystem, not u-boot :S

well it fully bricked because I tried to fix it by flashing gp2xfile.img and didnt take into consideration battery life and then it bricked so it isnt really the programs fault my loss but please dont let my gp2x die in vain. By that I mean fix the uninstall thing

Back