Is the Pandora the best there is?

dgame

Just thinking about how the Pandora pretty much does everything I have ever wanted from a pocket computer.

I have three Pandoras and would buy another one if it were exactly the same but with upgraded specs.

I got the GCW Zero SE and haven’t really been motivated to use it because my Pandora does everything it currently does and more. I still support the GCW and hopefully when more people get them we will see some more innovative things.

So the question is what is a better pocket computer than the Pandora? Is there a better alternative?

Wrong!  P2  :D
Doesn't exist yet, so that's still a no. Until ED layouts any solid details or plans, I wouldn't be holding onto any hope of a successor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you were the kind of person who HATES buttons and versatility  ... I can think of some other devices that might work.

There isnt a better because there isnt a comparison. Pandora won first prize in a tournament of 1

So would the Pandora do well if it were available off-the-shelf in retail stores?

Is there a better alternative?

There's not even any competitor or remotely similar device.

Laptops and phones can be good, and do have some advantages …
but here are 9 reasons I love my Pandora:

- fits in pocket (2)
- great gaming controls (1) (2)
- full ASCII+ keyboard (1) (3)
- superb audio (1) (2) (3)
- excellent battery life (2)
- 2 x SD cards & USB (1) (2) (3)
- full open GNU/Linux OS (1) (3)
- indie hardware project (1) (2) (3)
- great community & devs (3)

(1) few if any phones have this
(2) few if any laptops have this
(3) few if any other pocket gaming boxes have this
That’s 6 ways a Pandora beats a phone, 6 ways it beats a laptop, 6 ways it beats other pocket gaming boxes. And 3 ways it beats all of the above.

Few if any other devices can score more than 3/9, on this list of very desirable features.

Pandora is elite and unique!

Back