Is The Pandora Vaporware?

hmm, and all the other list of trolls that passed by.

i already forgot the name of those.

Yarkle said:
Alright this topic finally got some unbiased replies. No i'm not a troll, I just want to hear everyone opinion about the slow progress of this device that has happened to others in the past and turned into "vaporware" ie never produced/put out for sale/ gave up on.

What kind of reaction are you expecting? The community is already strung out. Hundreds have come before claiming the exact same thing. Especially now, when the end seems to be so close, you chose probably the worst time and the worst place to start an 'unbiased' discussion.

It's similar to you visiting the family of deathly ill hospital patient, and telling them their relative is a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
cobaltage said:
The problem with your post is that if you're not just a troll, you're obviously not very bright. I say this for two reasons. First, the idea that you would ask such a question at all is a sign of unintelligence. It is either vaporware (in the sense that, someone tries to produce something, but in the end, the product is never released) or it's a scam. Your question confuses the two issues. If Open Pandora is actively trying to produce something but it never surfaces, then it is vaporware; if they are not and are merely stringing people along with the intention of deceiving them, it is a scam.

Secondly, regardless of which question you mean to ask (although it's clear that you lack the insight to realize that they are two different questions), the idea that you would ask whatever your question actually is to the active posters on the forum of the device that you are asking about is completely moronic.

IMO.

+ 1,000,000

This Yarkle fellow doesn't seem to understand that Pandora does exist and quite a few people have tested it out, played it, and so forth.
Vaporware it DEFINITELY is not!!!

EDIT: Maybe, Yarkle should take a trip down to ED's house to try it out...or maybe even Craig's house...Actually, maybe not, because Craig loves hates vaporware twats.

Dont, either if he is a troll he could end up destroying the whole MP area.
or the other way around, CraigX beating him up so badly he gets taken away by the police, and the pandora /pandora parts get locked as evidence.

It's ok, Drone...while the troll patrols the MP factory floor, we'll have the best SNIPERS on stand-by.
EDIT: As for Craig's, we can all pitch in for his million dollar bail...and another million to get the MP Pandoras back too.

018_harrison--300x300.jpg

Sphinxter said:
Chairman_Now said:
Restless said:
so understand slack must be given to new investors and I do mean investors..

I'm not sure that you understand what the word "investor" means. For one, an "investor" typically expects or hopes for a financial return on their investment, with the possibility of a loss of their investment, too.

This is an example of investors and investment. While there is the similarity of a bunch of people putting small amounts of money in something speculative, as well as the risk of losing these funds. But, unlike a true investment, there is no possibility that pre-orders will share in any profits should the OP project meet with any appreciable success.

So, to make it plain: you are a customer who has allowed a vendor to hold your money without producing the promised product as of yet. Nothing more, nothing less.

Having a fixed rate of return does not make you any less of an investor. To be a customer you have to buy something and you cannot buy what doesn't exist.

Thanks for confirming. You have no idea what the word "investor" means.

declaration said:
Well if it isnt vapourware, it should be, because the specs and features announced years ago seemed decent at the time, but the device seems pathetic now compared to the top end smart phones.

No 3g just isnt any good for a mobile device in this day and age imho.

have you read this thread? the pandora's specs are basically on par with top end smart phones today. and its features like the dpad, nubs, keyboard, screen, etc etc etc are still superior to smart phones. and how should it be vaporware just because of its specs?

and 3g isn't going to be included no matter how much you say it's necessary, if it's essential to your needs, don't get the pandora, or get a 3g dongle or something

Its got more than enough power to keep a lot of developers happy, and since its an open device, that software can get better and better over time instead of getting bloated, like is happening on iPhoneOS and Maemo and so on ..

So I wouldn't say its obsolete, but if you want to call the whole project a scam I think you'd be better off - or would get more responses in agreement with you - if you try again in a month.

SONY said:
Make that 2 Months™

hum, pandora is not vaporware, but the 2 Months™ is... it seems to reset everytime I look for a delay...

Hello Yarkle... Welcome, we arent all crazy and defensive here, just most of us, lol.

I would have said what Exophase said so thats a +1 from me Exophase. ;)

My GF and all my friends and family laugh and say you`ll never get that thing you ordered and I just laugh along with them and say "sure i will... 2 more months and ill have it". They get the 2 months joke...

The fact is I really do believe it... everytime i say it (even though part of me knows it hasnt happened over and over). Its the closest thing i have to religion... I come to pray at these boards every day, what ive payed up front already entertains me!!! :D

(edit) i didnt notice all these other pages when i answered, lol

In response to the original question:

I will consider the Pandora vaporware if they start taking batch two preorders without having finished shipping batch one.

Gilrad said:
In response to the original question:

I will consider the Pandora vaporware if they start taking batch two preorders without having finished shipping batch one.

you dont understand the term vapourware then.

Philly said:
Hello Yarkle... Welcome, we arent all crazy and defensive here, just most of us, lol.

That's easy for you to say.. Mark it 8, dude.

If the airplane with cases does fly over a exploding volcano and burns. Can we then "pretty" please call Pandora vapourware without being burned our self :D

PS i enjoyed reading the stuff here it's priceless and made me laugh out loud.Some people are so defencive it is just a joke.

traylorpark said:
Especially now, when the end seems to be so close, you chose probably the worst time and the worst place to start an 'unbiased' discussion.
Shame we've been this close for years, and people say "the worst time to ask because so close" for years now also. I find those statements just as funny as the scam ones :lol:

Not meant to be a dig at you, the scam, vapourware, and so close comments/threads come up about the same amount of times. We really need to plot some kinda of graph or something, it must be a 2month[sup]tm[/sup] cycle or something. ;)

As to the original poster:
There's been enough independent demonstrations of the actual device to show it's for real, just how close we are to getting it, well let's just hope very close.
Hardware wise not as cutting edge as it would've been if it had landed close to when it was supposed to, but it's still more than adequate for it's intended purposes. Controls that fall under hardware is still cutting edge for the device that it is.

Back