Is The Plastic Case Design Open Source?

Short answer..not yet. Would they be amazed and thrilled by third part support by lads and lasses figuring out mods on their own?...probably.

Edit: Damn you Gruso!! How do I acquire a direct neural link to the boards?

2yjpuuh.jpg

"Do I amaze you?"

Gruso: 100 points for the IT Crowd reference. Very nice.

b1llygo4t: As above, but feel free to purchase a pair of calipers and a AutoCAD license and see what you can do.

will they sell replacement cases? (i would like a non first batch case to chop up)

@ nova, my buddies dad ownes a machine shop with a few different size cnc mills and lasers. they only do custom work, and anything done off the clock is free (materials not included)

SONY said:
The Chinese will make cheap rip-offs!!! :(
if by that you mean "cram generic MP4 parts inside poorly made case" then maybe, though most likely Pandora is so far under the radar that knock-offs won't happen for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
SONY said:
The Chinese will make cheap rip-offs!!! :(
if by that you mean "cram generic MP4 parts inside poorly made case" then maybe, though most likely Pandora is so far under the radar that knock-offs won't happen for a long time.

also, people targeted by the pandora won't be caught by one of those knockoff MP4...

I'd make a case mould, and then use it as a bread mould, and bake my own bread with it.
Delicious Panwich...

We would love it to be, but we know we would then see fake Pandoras with crappy SOCs forced in to them and probably a fake keyboard. (shudder).

If you think this is unlikely, there was even a fake Gizmondo.

craigix said:
If you think this is unlikely, there was even a fake Gizmondo.

hum, was it more successfull?

What about working with those of us who want to make cases directly then, Craig? You could have a level of 'license' of the case that can only be used to make authorized case upgrades .. I for one would very much love to have a silver case and would be willing to pay for it if it could be done by people I know and can interact with directly.

torpor said:
What about working with those of us who want to make cases directly then, Craig? You could have a level of 'license' of the case that can only be used to make authorized case upgrades .. I for one would very much love to have a silver case and would be willing to pay for it if it could be done by people I know and can interact with directly.
Isn't that amount of silver prohibitively expensive?

torpor said:
Hmm, licensed use of the case files sounds good to me.

Back