Is There A Gp2x F200 Emulator For Pc?

iprice

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Probably sounds like a silly question, but are there any GP2X F200 emulators for Windows pcs?

I'm developing a freeware game for the GP2X and the version for F100 is working properly (and I can play it on my own machine), however I'm having some real troubles with implementing touchscreen support correctly, as I'm unable to test my game properly.

If there was an emu, I might be able to see where problems may lie, rather than constantly annoying my testers with yet another update that brakes more than it fixes.

It seems like there are emulators for every machine under the sun, but I've yet to find a GP2X emu. Google just brings up emus for the GP2X.

No. Most people use SDL and just compile for the PC instead, which gives just as close a representation as most emulators would.

Unless of course you have some code that will only work on the gp2x...

EDIT: This is obviously more effective on a Linux box rather than Windows though

I don't have an F200 - only an F100. That's why I'm having problems.

My game is working flawlessly on pc (and F100), but my testers are all reporting that the touchscreen control method in the menus are not working properly. D-Pad and button controls are working fine, but I need it to work fine with both controls schemes.

If there was an F200 emu, then I could test my game on that and see exactly where the problem lies and fix it, ready to send to a tester with a real F200.

iprice said:
I don't have an F200 - only an F100. That's why I'm having problems.

My game is working flawlessly on pc (and F100), but my testers are all reporting that the touchscreen control method in the menus are not working properly. D-Pad and button controls are working fine, but I need it to work fine with both controls schemes.

If there was an F200 emu, then I could test my game on that and see exactly where the problem lies and fix it, ready to send to a tester with a real F200.
In what way is the touchscreen not working properly? Are you reading the device yourself or do you use SDL (gph's or my hardware accelerated one) or any other method?

AFAIK there is no emulator of either the F-100 or F-200.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using GLBasic to create my game.

I've been able to implement touchscreen in my game, but problems always arise in at least one of the menus.

I have several menu screens (Language Selection, Title Screen and Options), each of which has several option "buttons". Generally, and using pretty much the same code, I can get most of the menus screens working, but there has so far always been one that doesn't work when the others do. At the moment it's the main Options screen, however this has worked in the past, although then I had problems with Language Selection.

Every time I chop and change something, I either end up braking more of it or fixing one section but causing problems in another. Having to rewrite code time and time again, without being able to physically see any change (due to working on a pc and having testers report back actual F200 problems). I though that maybe an emulation would give some indication quickly and easily as to what's happening to garner an understanding of why it's happening (or not).

Oh well...

iprice said:
I'm using GLBasic to create my game.

I've been able to implement touchscreen in my game, but problems always arise in at least one of the menus.
Your testers are the one who want to see you failure on GlBasic's compo :)

LOL.

I have the utmost faith in my testers. Whether I win or lose the competition is irrelevent - I just want my game to work. I'll probably buy an F200 soon anyway, just to get the damned thing working and to actually see where the problem is.

I'm pretty sure that someone with more knowledge of GP2X and GLBasic will win the comp - this is the very first game I've coded in GLB and I'd never even seen a real GP2X until a month ago.

quasist said:
Your testers are the one who want to see you failure on GlBasic's compo :)
Hey now!!! :lol:

Back