Is There A Snes Emulator Which...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_lamer2003

Still Fresh
Is there a SNES emulator for the gp2x which read .nes files?
The only roms I can find around online are .nes files, but no .smc file which are required by the squidgesnes emulator. Or is there a converter to convert .nes files to .smc files?

Thanks for your help mate.
I tried the above emulator, but when loading gpfce.gpe,
I am getting an error "***Error**** Error:Cannot access to directory" :(
Does anyone ever get that error, and knows the solution?

XerXerz posted on Aug 9 2006 at 01:01 PM said:
Try making roms/nes directory.(Roms go in here), I think.

Thanks a lot for your help mate.
I tried the above created a roms folder and a subfolder named nes under the roms folder, but to no avail, I am still getting the above message :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the readme.txt, but the readme doesnt tell you that the /roms/nes goes in the root of the card, it tells u that the folder must go to the /mnt/sd/roms/nes which isn`t very helpful.
When I open the SD card I dont see any mount folders!!!!

Just for those who are getting the above error, I succeded in solving it.
Put the folder gpfce on the sd card, then NOT inside the folder gpfce, but on the SD card (root path) create a new folder called ROMS and then inside it create another folder NES so the path should be /ROMS/NES and put all your roms inside the NES folder.

d_lamer2003 posted on Aug 9 2006 at 07:08 AM said:
I read the readme.txt, but the readme doesnt tell you that the /roms/nes goes in the root of the card, it tells u that the folder must go to the /mnt/sd/roms/nes which isn`t very helpful.
When I open the SD card I dont see any mount folders!!!!

Just for those who are getting the above error, I succeded in solving it.
Put the folder gpfce on the sd card, then NOT inside the folder gpfce, but on the SD card (root path) create a new folder called ROMS and then inside it create another folder NES so the path should be /ROMS/NES and put all your roms inside the NES folder.

YES, BUT
, you are needlessly confusing people, the folders must be lowercase, ALL lowercase.

Just so you know for future reference, Linux does care about uppercase and lowercase, AKA Roms and roms would be 2 different folders.
shinneri posted on Aug 9 2006 at 07:21 AM said:
mnt/sd/ is the root of the SD card. I can see where you got mixed up with that.
That needs to be explained clearly, a sentence as to "Uppercase will not be accepted in the file name, /mnt/sd/ is the root directory of the SD card" would suffice, for those that read the readme :ph34r: :ph34r:

xinfernoofdantex posted on Aug 9 2006 at 07:31 AM said:
d_lamer2003... you shouldn't own a gp2x <_<
Hmm, he DID read the reame, but he was just unaware of Linux folder and upper/lowercase idiosyncrasies.

And he was excited to make a personal breakthrough in understanding something, it might be that he is the kind of user we need. Then again maybe not :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol: , but let's at least give him the benefit of the doubt. (after all, he read the readme AND figured it out eventually, that is better than 80% of the newbs on here who post topics like this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back