Is There Any Gba Emu In The Works?

TelcoLou posted on Aug 17 2006 at 10:29 AM said:
"Leeeeroy ... Jenkins!!!!!!!!!1one"
How big does all this useless crap make the forums? I hope text is compressed, or just the enormous bandwidth consumed by my adding to this useless crap will surely hurt the bandwidth.

So, yeah, why don't mods close it once it gets full o crap, or merge all the GBA Emu???!?!?~!?!!11 topics into one super topic that eats all the other topics.

I think at the bare minimum there needs to be a huge thing you can't miss on the front page, AKA GBA EMU!! pinned on the front page to draw the newbs like moths to a flame :)D ZZZZTT!! :D :)), and keep the boards clean. (PS Patent Pending on the "Newb TRAP, effektively rid your Phorum of all N00bs!" :ph34r: :lol: :lol:)

And maybe make the pinned topics stay down with the real topics, us smart users can change to more topics per page and just ignore the pinned ones. Newbs tend to ignore the stodgy pinned topics because they are older, fooling them into reading them might work.

Just some social engineering type ideas :).

LOL Telcolou . . . Duhn duhn duhn . . . . Ellipses are fun . . . I need and auto-ellipses key. . . to do them for me all the time. . .

STAR TREK was brought to you today by MiniSkirts, Latex Ears and the ellipses.

Spock . . . . We . . . Have . . . to . . Save . . That-Ship. LOL Shatner could read the ellipses good :). (I wonder if all of those ellipses were really in the script and he was just following the dialog he was given :D).

(I [personally{mind you}] seem to love these parentheses[All types{Are there more than three??}]:D :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:15 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Aug 17 2006 at 10:29 AM said:
"Leeeeroy ... Jenkins!!!!!!!!!1one"
How big does all this useless crap make the forums? I hope text is compressed, or just the enormous bandwidth consumed by my adding to this useless crap will surely hurt the bandwidth.

So, yeah, why don't mods close it once it gets full o crap, or merge all the GBA Emu???!?!?~!?!!11 topics into one super topic that eats all the other topics.

I think at the bare minimum there needs to be a huge thing you can't miss on the front page, AKA GBA EMU!! pinned on the front page to draw the newbs like moths to a flame :)D ZZZZTT!! :D :)), and keep the boards clean. (PS Patent Pending on the "Newb TRAP, effektively rid your Phorum of all N00bs!" :ph34r: :lol: :lol:)

And maybe make the pinned topics stay down with the real topics, us smart users can change to more topics per page and just ignore the pinned ones. Newbs tend to ignore the stodgy pinned topics because they are older, fooling them into reading them might work.

Just some social engineering type ideas :).

LOL Telcolou . . . Duhn duhn duhn . . . . Ellipses are fun . . . I need and auto-ellipses key. . . to do them for me all the time. . .

STAR TREK was brought to you today by MiniSkirts, Latex Ears and the ellipses.

Spock . . . . We . . . Have . . . to . . Save . . That-Ship. LOL Shatner could read the ellipses good :). (I wonder if all of those ellipses were really in the script and he was just following the dialog he was given :D).

(I [personally{mind you}] seem to love these parentheses[All types{Are there more than three??}]:D :D)
tl;dr

Bramrash posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:10 PM said:
leroy you're stupid as hell

At least I got chicken.

:lol: Someone should make a boot sound with his yell ... hmmmm.

I always search a forum before I even register let alone post. (some forums i have to register before i can search) At some point or another I can't find something I'm looking for and I am forced to make a topic in order to find the answer, always worried that It was already asked and I just could not find it.

So my question (reason for posting this time) is, on digg.com when you try to submit a story that has already been submitted it runs a search I assume for the url you submitted to see if it is already some where on digg.

Could a similar set up be used here i.e I try to post a topic called "is there any gba emu in the works?" instead of starting a new post I am met with this screen or some thing like it and given the option to post anyway if I so choose.

I know this would not stop all unwanted topics from being created but it could force the use of search.

Back