Is There Going To Be Any Changes To The Pandora's Case

But the first screen the devs were thinking of using was the same size as the GP2X, which is 3.5". Then the devs then decided to use the same screen as the Archos 605, which is 4.3".

Looking at the renders now they do look like they would use the Archos 605 screen. Maybe I was mistaken, I just kinda remember the announcement that the Pandora would be using the same screen as the Archos 605 which was larger. Like I said, wayyyy back when, but after the first renders were out.

Sorry for the mistake, I don't want to start any rumors or anything.

fischju2000 said:
second exodous said:
Oh, I thought that the screen from the Archos was bigger than the first one that was going to be used. This was wayyyyyy back when but all the renders since then have just been of the case.

Am I wrong on this?

There may be confusion here. The Archos 605 has the same 4.3" screen as the Pandora, but the Archos 5 (which is discussed here more, because is OMAP3530 based) has a 4.8" screen. (which, by the way, I want to mod into my Pandora)

That definitely sounds like a neat mod, espcially if all you need to make it fit is an exacto knife to the bezel. I've been kinda wondering how much of a pain it would be to somehow change the hinge to a spinny one to make it usable like a tablet. The flat ribbon cable for the lcd will probably be a problem though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing, based on comments from craigix (I think) that there was little space in the new lid, that there may not be room for such a mod...

I was grappling with swivel or vertical mod ideas with no relief before.
I think the one thing I might still plan on investigating is the possibility of adding an extra ribbon cable port somewhere on the pan so you could just buy an extra screen, pull out of your bag or off of some slide in pocket on top of the lid or under the base and just plug it in, either giving you two active displays or just taking over from the built in one. in any brute manner, installing a switch to break the signal to the built in one or anything.

having a plastic pocket or frame glued to the lid you could just slide the extra display in there and have your tablet or you could rest or attach (with some plastic modding for a fastening solution) the extra in vertical smack dab in front of the built in one and play vertical games.

(on the other hand the ribbon cable does seem simple enough that perhaps you could cut and replace it with something round and flexible...)

Back