Is This The End Of The Wiz

someoneElse said:
None of which has anything to do with the Wiz so say we drop it?

Well, it has.
GPH stopped the WIZ production for a few months in favour of the upcoming Caanoo release. It was never planned to continue the production.
But as there was a high demand, they continued the production even after the Cannoo start.

This lead to more trouble: The buyers didn't know whether they should get the newer Caanoo (which had less software available and was more expensive), which didn't offer more CPU power compared to the WIZ, or should they buy the WIZ, which was cheaper and had more software.
Therefore, both sales dropped, as people wanted to wait a bit what will happen.

Last edited:
u9i said:
Hi ED you usualy dont mind sharing sales figures. How is caanoo and wiz sales going lately?

Well, I can only tell for my shop which is mostly only selling to Germany and neighbouring countries, so it might be quite different with other distributors.
Christmas sales were pretty much okay, not as good as the year before, but pretty decent (about 4 - 5 units a day).

It has slowed down at the moment, but that's also normal. Usually, sales rise again just before easter.
At the moment, I sell about 0 - 3 units per day.
While the WIZ was selling better until christmas (price was cheaper than the Caanoo), it's about the same amount for both nowadays.

I think when the Caanoo gets more software releases, it should sell better. It's not a bad system, it just lacks things you can do with it at the moment (compared to the GP2X or WIZ).

Last edited:
Back