ITS EVERYONES FAVOURITE THREAD

Here's my meagre offerings:
Desktop
It's a little big, I warn yee

In honesty: I don't normally have /all/ of those widgets open at the same time... really!

screen3ui.jpg

KDE Ftw!

desktop.png

That's subject to change though, as my vista upgrade just came through the post!

I really love those icons, would it be possible for you to zip em up and stick em on rapidshare, Mike?

Pretty please?

Here's my new desktop on my spare drive after my old one failed:

andrewsdesktoptv4.gif

I have Beryl and it is sweet. Sabayon 3.26 takes all the work out of it, you don't need to jump through hoops, it enables on install and does a clean Gentoo/KDE or Gnome if you want.

The DVD torrent is bursting right now, the 3.25 torrent is the same, there is a 90MB patch to take it to 3.26.

Here is one of my other hard-drives (I am taking a A+ PC software course right now and I might get to play with Parallels :), on a side not, when Barcelona Quad cores start shipping I hear they have some features that speed virtual machines through hardware :D, so I could have win98-Vista running on a solid WinXP/2000 machine without the need for re-boots. 2000 SP4 is like XP-Lite, it would run well on an old machine(like a laptop) and the core is much better than the 9x/Me core). I recently had the chance to help someone troubleshoot by starting Qemu and loading Win98 to walk them through some display driver issues, it was funny because I went back to browsing the net and forgot that I had win98 running in a box :).

blabla.jpg

Web Album

nubie said:
I have Beryl and it is sweet. Sabayon 3.26 takes all the work out of it, you don't need to jump through hoops, it enables on install and does a clean Gentoo/KDE or Gnome if you want.

The DVD torrent is bursting right now, the 3.25 torrent is the same, there is a 90MB patch to take it to 3.26.

Here is one of my other hard-drives (I am taking a A+ PC software course right now and I might get to play with Parallels :), on a side not, when Barcelona Quad cores start shipping I hear they have some features that speed virtual machines through hardware :D, so I could have win98-Vista running on a solid WinXP/2000 machine without the need for re-boots. 2000 SP4 is like XP-Lite, it would run well on an old machine(like a laptop) and the core is much better than the 9x/Me core). I recently had the chance to help someone troubleshoot by starting Qemu and loading Win98 to walk them through some display driver issues, it was funny because I went back to browsing the net and forgot that I had win98 running in a box :).

http://lh5.google.com/image/nubie07/RiKerL...s800/blabla.jpg
Web Album

the EULA of Vista except Enterprise and Ultimate say you can't not do virtualization because the special features that most CPUs have to enhance VMs are security flaws.... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
VS = areao4 (but the title bar is reskinned by bblean anyway)
bblean VS = GSM - GEE
icons = Tango
Foobar = GSM VS

The top bar and quickstart bar are hidden unless I move the mouse to the top of the screen (and maximized windows can't cover this space).
howitisnowwwbi9.png

Back