It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

That doesn't seem to work on Amazon in the UK, it still brings up pretty much every cable combo possible other than micro USB3 OTG. I did find a few on eBay, but they mostly look like the kind of thing that will fall apart if looked at the wrong way.

That doesn't seem to work on Amazon in the UK, it still brings up pretty much every cable combo possible other than micro USB3 OTG. I did find a few on eBay, but they mostly look like the kind of thing that will fall apart if looked at the wrong way.

seems like there could easily be an underground international Amazon reseller market out there. when i was in the NL, the local Amazon was terrible.

Indeed, but from recollection they're on the underside of the plastic bit in a USB3.x A type plug. And there should be two of them, not just the one extra. It's meant to be backward compatible with USB2 plugs, and with five in a row like that there's no way it would work with those.

I had a look into the USB3 ports of my laptop with a torch and it looks like they are a pretty similar layout. Is certainly a bit more visible than usual in that photo though.

Those are actually not that hard to find if you know the right keywords for Amazon.
microusb 3.0 galaxy
Why galaxy? Galaxy Note 3 used the same connector as the Pyra.
I found one in amazon india too!

Reactions: rSl
Granted, microUSB 3.0 (wide form factor) cables are not as common as they once were, and because Amazon has completely screwed up their search and removed any capabilities it once had to search specific terms, they can be a pain to find.

The key bit from the above, though, is that you need to look for cables for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and/or the Samsung Galaxy 5 phones. Those both had the same microUSB 3.0 wide connection as the one on the Pyra.

Granted, that is if you care about getting the maximum speed out of that USB 3.0 port. If you don't care or just want to charge, any -good- microUSB 2.0 charging/data cable should work - though you will want a charger that can push 1.5A @ 5VDC.

None of the (USA Amazon) cables described as "Super Speed" I found have Super Speed pins visible in the photos.:(

I suspect that the above listing with a 5 pins visible USB female port is a bad render and not a photograph. None of the USB 3.0 SS cables that I have (that work at SS speeds) have 5 pins - no USB device or cable that I have, and I have dozens, has that 5 pin layout.

I'm glad to hear that.

I had multiple chargers for my Note 3 and none of those had extra pins.

Software is a luxurious silken robe that caresses ones manly form... hardware is um... a pair of rugged Hiking boots? Please send both the hardware and um... software... to wrath of Khan soon, mr not so Evil dragon...

I suspect that the above listing with a 5 pins visible USB female port is a bad render and not a photograph. None of the USB 3.0 SS cables that I have (that work at SS speeds) have 5 pins - no USB device or cable that I have, and I have dozens, has that 5 pin layout.
It's actually real photos of the actual product. You can even see slightly misaligned pins in the micro-usb end. It looks correct to me. The port has the 5 pins/pads at the end/tip, but the cables will have the 5 spring contacts all the way on the inside.

Photo from my potato attached.
IMG_20200707_225149.jpg

Last edited:
Back