It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
But what do i do whit a SATA Thing ?? , Its for Mobile Harddrives, right?? , I cant imagine to use such a thing, as my Mobile Hardrive uses 2 USB 2 Ports via Y Cable, or i use SD Cards or something..

My Primary Use for the Pyra besides Gaming and Videostreaming and Internet whit a real Keyboard would be to use it as a small Office Computer at home, so it want have to open Files, bigger than a pair of hundreds of mb, at least some Dreamcast ISO Files or something..

I dont want to edit Videos, or Music , etc, besides that the TV Adverts from Apple suggest to do this only whit a Mac..

I would like to support the Project by Buying stuff, but i dont see me using an SATA yet..

Letalis Sonus

Advanced Member
? usb 3 tops out at 5Gbps (the OTG port) SATA is potentially 6Gbps
But then you can't use the USB 3 port for other devices. The native SATA connection is basically free of charge, you don't lose any other jack when using it, even the USB 2.0 connection within the jack remains usable through the adapter.

And you'd need to find a USB 3 OTG cable first.

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
But what do i do whit a SATA Thing ?? , Its for Mobile Harddrives, right?? , I cant imagine to use such a thing, as my Mobile Hardrive uses 2 USB 2 Ports via Y Cable, or i use SD Cards or something..

My Primary Use for the Pyra besides Gaming and Videostreaming and Internet whit a real Keyboard would be to use it as a small Office Computer at home, so it want have to open Files, bigger than a pair of hundreds of mb, at least some Dreamcast ISO Files or something..

I dont want to edit Videos, or Music , etc, besides that the TV Adverts from Apple suggest to do this only whit a Mac..

I would like to support the Project by Buying stuff, but i dont see me using an SATA yet..

Some people might want to make a kind of docking station and hook it up to a big SATA drive with video's on it... I myself might never use it but I like the idea :D so I got one.

theredbaron

Very Active Member

For me, its for fast backups. It is to be my main laptop. So I get home, and backup whatever I was working on, any pics/videos taken (with a usb camera of course), etc. It "may" also be useful as a media transfer device, but that usecase remains to be seen.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rSl

bennr01

Silent Observer
Question: Will we be able to order additional cases when we pay the final payment? I'd be interested in having both colors, as well as the transparent ones if you are still planning on offering them.

By the way, is anyone else getting their popcorn ready and waiting for the inevitable "I didn't know you have to pay again?!" comments? When the preorders first started, there was some confusion among some preorderers.

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
Question: Will we be able to order additional cases when we pay the final payment? I'd be interested in having both colors, as well as the transparent ones if you are still planning on offering them.

By the way, is anyone else getting their popcorn ready and waiting for the inevitable "I didn't know you have to pay again?!" comments? When the preorders first started, there was some confusion among some preorderers.

hmm I hope for not so much fallout in that department, we could use a positive vibe around the machine, because ED selling more units only will do us good in the end.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Another Question is, if i decides afterwarts, that i need the SATA Adapter, but voted today whit no, are they going to be on Stock in the Shop if enough vote for Yes ??

Maybe it wasnt the best solution to fill my Survey after i came from the Shower this Morning..

The 15 € more arend that big issue for me, also whe have 3 % less VAT in Germany, and the Pyra is anyway quite expensive even whitout Dark Chrome..

I think its the Same as when you buy a 3 Million € Lamborghini, but you dont want to pay the 300 € for a Color that isnt the Stock White..

• Haha
Reactions: rSl

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
No, i meant the 15 € more for the Dark Chrome Pyra

The Adapter is still 30 €, also for me, but as i ditnt need it, its dosnt cost me anything ^^

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Therefore, whe dotnt need an Custom TV Out Cable on the Pyra: Just a (Micro/Mini??), HDMI to Full Sice HDMI Adapter
And as not anywhone needs SATA, i think the Pyra is much more friendly to off the shelf parts..

Robert Taylor

Very Active Member
That's just lock-in. If I ever want to replace my Pyra with an inferior device then I'll have to replace each and every one of my single SATA adapter.
Well, I share your zeal for open specs and so forth. This is purely incidental to the design of the Pyra, the adapter came out as an afterthought I think? It's as much a lock in as the custom designed dash in my car ... it's just custom to the device.

I suspect the adapter will be as open as the Pyra.

But, I think you know that? Anyway.