• Amiga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided/Everything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

all i had untill the xbox came out was an NES
then we got a SNES woot woot
but my vote went to NES
yes , I know, I proboly missed some good games, but its ok, I have all 34.8 gigs of the missed past and present on my computer ( evil laugh ) :lol:

~Octavious

Nes was great, I used to play aussie rules with my cousin. anyone remember the cartriges with the dongle? :lol:

As a hardcore RPG fan, the only real choice on that list is SNES. Genesis, while it did have some great games (Skeleton Crew!), and some of the best RPG's, it didnt have very many (about 10ish) where as the SNES, nearly every other game was an RPG lol.

So as an RPG fan I say SNES, its hard though because I had more fond memories on the NES but better games on the SNES. (Like someone said, Nin's best hour (and final in my opinion))

8Bit NES for me. that was the most fun- I mean, the graphics looked like ass compared to the 16-bit systems, but by the time they came out on SNES and Genesis all the game-genre's were getting reused + resued so many times that the novelty was starting to wear a little thin. Sure the tech was more exciting, but no way did I get as whole-heartedly involved in Sonic, Mario World or Zelda LTTP as I did in their 8bit counterparts the first time around, when they were new.

Not to say that those games (16bit versions)weren't still some of the most enjoyable games I'd ever played, I'll just never forget the feeling I got playing Zelda, SMB, Castlevania, Metroid the first several months I got my hands on them.. Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, Bionic Commando, Life Force, Contra, Punch Out.. A lot of these games are still extremely fun to play today. I cant think of any games that have ever been so interesting, novel, captivating since (audiovisuals notwithstanding).. see what I'm sayin'?

I'd have to go for PC-Engine too; its still my favourite console even now.... but as its not on the list... I'll go for the Sinclair/Spectrum.... the old Speccy+ was the first computer I ever had.

Akuma no Houkon posted on Apr 12 2004 at 02:59 AM said:
As a hardcore RPG fan, the only real choice on that list is SNES. Genesis, while it did have some great games (Skeleton Crew!), and some of the best RPG's, it didnt have very many (about 10ish) where as the SNES, nearly every other game was an RPG lol.
Well, talking about Germany: I have every single RPG that was ever released in Germany (All 6 of them). RPGs are the reason why I started getting imported at all, why I soldered my SNES up and so on ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt : the snes because i think the snes has the best RPG : Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger ....... The i agree, mario is nothing compared to Sonic

Axeman posted on Apr 11 2004 at 11:11 PM said:
Not easy to choose one. I have the fondest memories of Sinclairs, but then I also loved a lot of the others.

A bit of everything (he says sitting firmly and squarely on the fence...)
Forgotten about the mod powers?? ;)

Anyways, I've added Undecided, and Atari ST :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah, where is the Neo Geo )if uve looked at the board u may have realised i hav become obsessed with the Neo Geo after 3 years of not having one) It is retro but it isnt coz games were released in 2003. even tho the system was released in 1989/1990. I wouldve gone for that, but failing it SNES all the way

The C64 just coz the tapes were cool and the multicoloured loading screen hypnotised me

Back