It's yummy. But you can't eat it!

I use uBlock origin, ghostery, Cooie Controller, Better Privacy, HTTPS everywhere, Disconnect, Lightbeam and some Facebook Blocker.
That should do the job. I don't care about RAM usage on my Laptop.

No script messes up too much for my taste.

BTW, uBlock origin has a great advantage over Adblock Plus: Cosmetic Filter.
If there is an annoying overlay or "beware, it's at your own Risk" warning sinply right-click on it and delete it.
It's the best blocking feature I've seen so far as you can block any web element you want.

WTF !! O_O

I'm just happy with the "click to start the embedded thing" and the domain blacklist of Opera 12... I want this plain simple thing in every browser, but no one has it, except the one I use... :(

I wanted to just say, "Hi!" and let you know I'm still watching from afar. I moved on from the Pandora after I got overwhelmed submitting for constant replacements while starting school, but every time I look to find the latest news, I get a hope that maybe I will be able to jump back in again. :)

Anyway, keep up the good work. It takes real endurance to push a project like this for so long, and I'm glad you are still doing it!

Bah, NoScript rubs me up. I really like what it does - but it breaks so many sites. Try and whitelist sites, but there's always something, and usually when you're doing a financial transaction, like the credit card verification iframe, as that throws up cross-site scripting errors. In the end, I get pissed off disabling it all the time and uninstall it. :-(

Everyone raves over uBlock Origin, but maybe I did something wrong, because it didn't really do much for me. One thing I do like in Adblock plus is the "Element Selector" (though it does seem to not actually work some times)

Yeah, I've had trouble with credit card verification before I learned what sites I needed to whitelist, but I don't recall having XSS errors for a long time (though I could imagine situations where it could be an issue). I know that dragoxbox's payment process works if you enable the right scripts, as does amazon and many others though. I consider it a worthwhile trade for my security, but your mileage may vary.

Exactly! So many good things, why wouldn't it be produced in a transparency case. I would buy it. Reminds of my old gameboy advance. Loved that thing!
In my experience, the clear cases are usually more fragile than the opaque ones, but my info on that might need some recent updates.
I love to see this dream finally come true: What a milestone, a real ..., working, ... Pyra (takes a 17th century style bow with an imaginary hat)

@EvilDragon and the development team (both hard- and software), you are beyond awesome :-D
I can't wait, wait strike that, I *can* wait until this system is tuned to near-perfection.
One thing I really hate about my present 1GHz Pandora (which I use about every day regardless), is that annoyingly stiff keyboard that gives me finger cramps and causes me to miss characters in a sentence when I foolishly try to type at a decent speed.
(This message has been typed on an Apple (yes, you heard that right) Aluminium Keyboard) ). I sincerely hope that the one on the Pyra blows Pandora's keyboard straight out of the water.

I would love to be able to map a hankaku/ zenkaku key to an accessible key on the Pyra when it's done and have a proper Japanese IME running that does not require a submenu hovering on my desktop when I use it.
Since it will run Debian, I'm quite confident that this will not pose a significant problem.

Lol, I just watched this youtube for the 4th time and no I noticed at 2 minute 26 sec that the led's of the keyboard lighting leak a lot at the front where the SD cards are, is that due to proto type assembly or is the case not closed there?

Lol, I just watched this youtube for the 4th time and no I noticed at 2 minute 26 sec that the led's of the keyboard lighting leak a lot at the front where the SD cards are, is that due to proto type assembly or is the case not closed there?
I want to check that out. It shouldn't annoy me, but might be useful, for whatever reason, I was trying to take out a card in the dark. Maybe I will find myself in an action thriller movie or something.

Edit: I noticed it near the beginning of the video when he was flipping it, too.

Probably because the case is translucent. It looks to me to have been reflected internally off the bottom of the SD slot, so with a non-translucent case it will be blocked from entering the plastic in the first place.

@jorlinn The plastic the Pyra case uses is colourless/clear to start with, and only takes on colour by the inclusion of coloured particles. It's the same plastic used to make CDs and DVDs, so pretty tough. I believe the plan is still do have an anti-scratch layer on top of that too

One reason my Pandora doesn't give me finger cramps is that it's a thumb-typing keyboard. I don't get thumb cramps either for that matter, mind you. But I'm pretty confident that the Pyra keyboard will blow the Pandora's one out of the water simply for having a dedicated tab key this time round, which'll make working in the shell a lot quicker for one thing.

I am gonna love the tab, and all the other keyboard fixes. So glad the keyboard got attention.

...which can be done in a way that does not involve throwing false conclusions and inaccurate statements into the room.
I'm sure many would appreciate it if you simply would put the same time you'd need to write such long texts simply into improving your short ones, quite a...

In my experience a lot of people doesn't understand even what an ISA is, or don't know nothing about computer architecture (today you can use a computer without knowing about that). In theses cases if you goo a bit deep most people don't follow (for example decades ago it was usual people likeing computers touched the lowest layer in programming, but today a lot of people have never touched or studied those levels). On other subjects there is no tech knoledge needed, so you could go on.

In any case I don't know about electronics/chips but about computer archt.

TI uses their own custom low power process, though

It is obvious: OMPA5 is a SOC for portable and mobile applications, so it must have low power in mind. But I hope you understand I think that a OMAP5432 from 2013 fabbed in 28nm and without FinFFET and with two 32 bit cores, will be worse than a Atom x5-Z8500 from 2015 fabbed in 14 nm (like best recent smartphones SOC) with TriGate/FinFET and four 64 bits cores.... a cutting edge mobile SOC for today standards :)

And yes, I suppose that Intel will have a lower power need for the same work.

But more important for me is that I think BOTH, Intel and TI have something to hide: how many watts under stress? What TDP under stress?
Intel talks about SDP :D (they want to hide traditional TDP) and even TI doesn't told. For me its the same: both hide it in some way.

On other side I have seen both have 2 MB cache while initially I was thinking OMAP5 would have a smaller cache (cache eats a lot of transistors, so with a 28nm fab it will be much bigger than with a 14nm fab).

Of course: wait untel both be tested (same OS, same work).

PD: By the way a few time ago I entered TI web to download tech doc, but today you have to register :(

But more important for me is that I think BOTH, Intel and TI have something to hide: how many watts under stress? What TDP under stress?
Intel talks about SDP :D (they want to hide traditional TDP) and even TI doesn't told. For me its the same: both hide it in some way.
omaprating.png

Voltage for the mpu should be 1.5V and for the media stuff ~1V so thats ~9W Worst Case with everything at maximum Load (including the all Co-Processors and Stuff like Hardware H264 En-/Decoding).

Last edited:
Back