i've been inspired :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike89

Still Fresh
the p&|a and the :gp2x: have inspired me to possibly make my own multi platform thingymagerger emulation gamesystem

?
i've made pbcs a custom computer and i work with metal and plastic it cant be to hard

You are going to make a custom motherboard.... doesn't that take thousands of *insert local currency here* in R&D to start with even?

Edited to make it understandable world wide

i'm from america and also sorry for misunderstanding a didnt mean custom let me edit that

Yep. The comments about these forums being better than GP32X are spot on. This thread is all the evidence needed.

TaG said:
Yep. The comments about these forums being better than GP32X are spot on. This thread is all the evidence needed.
i will have your children, right here on the spot.

well sorta like a portable one so just like a p&|a but probly a bit bigger

Forget my previous post, I'm asking seriously here. What are you planning - you didn't give much deatil. nvidia video card doesn't sound very portable. I thought you were making a laptop or even small desktop. Why pick those specific components? If you're going to make several you can't already have them at hand - you said you were going to make one for you, your mate and a few others before the edits.

this is a lil off topic but i just realized something! could replace parts needed to be upgraded on a pandora (once its out) ????
because if so i'll just buy a open pandora p&|a :ph34r:

TaG said:
Forget my previous post, I'm asking seriously here. What are you planning - you didn't give much deatil. nvidia video card doesn't sound very portable. I thought you were making a laptop or even small desktop. Why pick those specific components? If you're going to make several you can't already have them at hand - you said you were going to make one for you, your mate and a few others before the edits.

mabey not nvida but anyway a laptop type mame machine the whole thing about making more then one forget that too also those were just nice componits i'll update later

A normal post...

Hm, have you heard of UMPC's?
If you haven't you should look them up, they could help you achieve what you want, as far as hardware goes, I mean you could base what you want of an UMPC. (Feels weird saying 'An UMPC' although grammatically it's correct...still feels better to say 'A UMPC'...oh crap I'm rambling)

Digital_Cube_G43_UMPC_1.jpg

htc-umpc-2007.jpg

wibrain-umpc-b1.jpg

There are many variations and designs, so just google image search away :)

they dont really seem like there for gaming there cool but there not cheap and not really for gaming

No probs, I only heard about them a week ago from a friend, and can't really afford one now, so I don't have any experience with them, but I'm sure someone here on the forum has?
I just thought that UMPC's tend to be very powerful, and you're machine wouldn't need that much power, so maybe a stripped-down, cheaper UMPC customized for gaming?
I dunno, Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back