GP2X Jedisdl (delphi / Pascal) Has Gotten Gp2x Support !

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Hey,

i just got a mail from the JEDI SDL Mailing list stating that it now has support for the gp2x ! I've been a delphi user myself for a long time and this is great news, i haven't tested it out doh but it could be intresting to see how well this runs on the gp2x.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedi-sdl/

(u'll need to get the SVN files doh in order to use it the changes are only availible through there )

Um. How will this work with Delphi, exactly? It's not like the Borland compiler is geared up for producing ELF binaries, nor ARM-binaries either.

D.

Hi, see source for my game Blocks. I wrote it in Delphi, but compiled for GP2X in freepascal.
I wrote to Paul Nicholls some tips for making freepascal win32 for arm-linux.
(Hey, Paul, are you here?) and he want to create site with neccesaries things for it
gp32_console

Hahaha, now I've got to code something in Pascal, I used to program almost exclusively in that :)

Eugene posted on Mar 12 2007 at 06:28 PM said:
Hi, see source for my game Blocks. I wrote it in Delphi, but compiled for GP2X in freepascal.
(Hey, Paul, are you here?) and he want to create site with neccesaries things for it
gp32_console

Hi Eugene :)
I have started a site (freepascal for GP2X Initiative) and have uploaded my cross-compiler + the link to the devkitGP2X.
I will be adding instructions so people actually know how to use the downloads to make freepascal programs for the GP2X :)

cheers,
Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never tried FreePascal, but will it also compile Turbo Pascal 7.0 sourcecode? I have some old dos projects which I would love to port/compile for my GP2X.

Paul Nicholls said:
Eugene said:
gp32_console
Hi Eugene :)
I have started a site (freepascal for GP2X Initiative) and have uploaded my cross-compiler + the link to the devkitGP2X.
I will be adding instructions so people actually know how to use the downloads to make freepascal programs for the GP2X :)

cheers,
Paul.

Hi Guys!
I have finally updated the (freepascal for GP2X Initiative) site with a simple sdl tutorial that compiles under Win32 and gp2x, and I have also written some documentation on how to set it all up using devkitGP2X and the freepascal cross-compiler I had already uploaded!

I hope it all works for you :)

Enjoy!!
cheers,
Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back