Jonbenet Ramsey Murder Found

LHC posted on Aug 19 2006 at 12:37 PM said:
For a crime like this you may be right. The death penalty may be a worthy punishment.

That isn't the issue though. If somebody says they have done something it doesn't mean they have. A confession alone can't be solid ground for a conviction. In this case, already there are doubts over this confession, and if I was arrested in Thailand I'd probably end up giving a false confession given the record of thai police. He said he took her from school on boxing day. I've never been to school on boxing day, have you?
I dont care whether he is lying or not. He confessed to a brutal, dispicable crime, and should die in my eyes. He confessed himself, no one was holding a gun to his head forcing him. Whatever consequences he must deal with are his own fault, period. THAT is my point.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 19 2006 at 08:10 PM said:
LHC posted on Aug 19 2006 at 07:36 PM said:
Stolen in a small dark room is not as bad as stolen in a regular prison cell. You made it sound like they should be put in solitary confinement, which would be worse than death if you remained there long enough.
It's almost impossible to get the wrong person these days.
How do you know this? I'd wager there are many innocents in prison, and we will continue to convict many more. If someone is in prison unlawfully and is not later released, we will never find the truth and thus assume their guilt. I've never been to court so without seeing the evidence I am left to trust the judgement of (lol) 12 good men and true.

People are regularly released anyway. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4207185.stm

Shoving this guy in solitary for twelve years would have been a big mistake in my opinion.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 20 2006 at 02:08 AM said:
He confessed himself, no one was holding a gun to his head forcing him.
How do you know this? If he didn't do it, and it is a false confession, and guilty person or group is going to be free.

Hey actually it was me that killed her.

Death sentence for me?

LHC posted on Aug 19 2006 at 02:36 PM said:
Stolen in a small dark room is not as bad as stolen in a regular prison cell. You made it sound like they should be put in solitary confinement, which would be worse than death if you remained there long enough.

True punishment, exacted by other, more hardened, never-ever-getting out of prison Über-violent inmates is true justice ... leave 'em in general population. Jeffery Dahmer got his ... beaten to death with a mop wringer ... is there anyone here who thinks he didn't get what he deserved?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 20 2006 at 06:12 PM said:
Goity posted on Aug 20 2006 at 01:06 PM said:
I've been in court before, and believe me, it is easy to convict wrongly.
jeez starting off early? Arent you like 13 now? ;)
14, and it was a Mock trial competition. We got through to the national finals then lost. I was the defendant though.

Goity posted on Aug 20 2006 at 03:12 PM said:
Mock trial competition
And that has any bearing on the United States Legal System... how?

The English/Welsh legal system and the US legal system are quite similar. In any event I fail to see why a miscarriage of justice is any more/less likely in the either country.

iignotus posted on Aug 20 2006 at 03:03 PM said:
Mock trial competition
All states except Louisiana have a legal system based on British common law, as do all Canadian provinces except Quebec. Louisiana and Quebec have legal systems more similar to France.

Ravnos posted on Aug 21 2006 at 01:26 PM said:
iignotus posted on Aug 20 2006 at 03:03 PM said:
Mock trial competition
All states except Louisiana have a legal system based on British common law, as do all Canadian provinces except Quebec. Louisiana and Quebec have legal systems more similar to France.
Let me rephrase that, wise guys.

And a mock trial done by children has any bearing on any first-world's legal system... how?

Back