Joystic Broke

zacaj

void main()
Website
zacaj.com
My :gp2x joystick broke. it doesnt respond, and it doesnt wppring back. I have a Mk2... Is there any way to fix it?

it is tricky and difficult to describe but you need to sort of "wiggle" the joystick back in place! try rotating back and forth and pushing it a bit. it may take a few goes!

i think what you need to do is actually *pull up* while wiggling it. if it helps, take the plastic cap off and use a pair of pliers. search the boards though, there are a few threads about it.

there are a couple of threads on this subject that describe this in detail. Here's one thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry469289

LordFu said:
It's really hard to explain how to fix it. The trick is to rotate the joystick back to where it belongs while pulling it up or pushing it down, slightly. Take the cap off the joystick, and the flat side of the metal should be facing your left hand. Then you have to work with it until it pops back into it's socket.

I've had to do it 3 times, and it always takes me 45 minutes or more to do it. You should feel a slight click when it goes back, and the joystick will be springy again. It's a real pain in the ass to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spill some blood over the joystik, the gp2x has natural ability to regenerate

Back