Just Curious - Why Bluetooth?

second exodous said:
Maybe someone could hook a bluetooth-cell-phone-in-ear thing, have the arm version of skype installed on the Pandora, and have it be a mobile skype phone? Just an idea. I don't know if Skype would have to do the porting or if there are arm Linux versions of it already, haven't checked, just a thought.
Holy crap, when I first saw your post, I was wondering how drunk I must have been since I don't remember posting... stupid avatars :p

And yes, I know they are very different, but I didn't look at your avatar, I just registered it with peripheral vision, so my brain saw a green gir in the same pose as mine and for a second thought they were the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people own Wii's and it would just be cool if you could use it for that anyway. Don't ask me why; it just is.

JakeK said:
Why do people care about the Wiimote? Is this just some gimmick? "Oh look, we can use Wiimote if we wanted to... So what do we use it for?"
Wii's classic controller is pretty nice for emulation, I can imagine myself using that with tv-out at home.

WarmFluffyUK said:
You can connect your Pandora to a Wiimote and then build yourslef a head tracking device like THIS.
Er, just a thought, probably not a very good one :unsure:

Have you actually tried that on a PC? Because if you did, you must have noticed that it looks completely unrealistic and crappy. Sorry if this is offtopic, but i just thought i´d tell everyone that there is a HUGE difference between The 2D images you see on youtube and the way it actually looks in real-life 3D.

And unless you haven´t tried it, you shouldn´t be going around praising it.

I have one of those older blackberry without speakerphone, will I be able to pair it with the Pandora and use it as my speakerphone?

If you're willing to write the driver for it, it can do anything. I'm currently writing a driver to have it make me a ham sammich. I'm just having trouble with the bread module. I think it may be conflicting with the foot massage driver.

CandidStan said:
Whats wrong with fungus on your toast? Mushrooms on your pizza?
I like mushrooms on my pizza :p

second exodous said:
Yeah, a quick Google search turned up no Linux version working on arm chips. Well, at least pidgin will work on it. Usually the Linux people in companies are a little more likely to listen to the public, maybe if it was possible to directly e-mail the Linux people at Skype maybe we could ask them to port it? I know that sometimes the people at the top think it's not worth it, this device isn't that used, but the small Linux hackers in the company might listen.
There is a port to the nokia internet tablet which is ARM based linux systems.

JakeK said:
Why do people care about the Wiimote? Is this just some gimmick? "Oh look, we can use Wiimote if we wanted to... So what do we use it for?"
Should be great to use a Wii Remote when the Pandora is connected to the Hi-Fi. For switching Songs, and something like that.

Back