Just Got A Gb Micro

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
I was wandering the city I live in and I had some Euro's to spend. I had a bad day and wanted to get busy with something new. After a long walk and looking for a PS3 version of THP8 I saw the GB Micro for just 50 Euro's and I bought it. I was pretty curious how it would look like and play because of it's size and the scaled screen, but it was really great actually! The homebrew scene kinda sucks actually but it has full speed NES emulation if you buy flash cardridges.

Anyway, I really want to screw this baby up :p Is there some kind of way to mod the thing?

Thanks in advance,
NoidZ

NoidZ said:
I was wandering the city I live in and I had some Euro's to spend. I had a bad day and wanted to get busy with something new. After a long walk and looking for a PS3 version of THP8 I saw the GB Micro for just 50 Euro's and I bought it. I was pretty curious how it would look like and play because of it's size and the scaled screen, but it was really great actually! The homebrew scene kinda sucks actually but it has full speed NES emulation if you buy flash cardridges.

Anyway, I really want to screw this baby up :p Is there some kind of way to mod the thing?

Thanks in advance,
NoidZ
It's the only way :)

hammer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Micro! I've got a Flash Cart loaded with maybe 30 GBA ROMs (everything from Puzzle Fighter to Metal Slug to FFV and VI to all the Super Mario Bros. games, etc) and I haul it around everywhere with me - it's so small, nobody notices it. It's great to pull out anytime I've got a few minutes to spare, anywhere at all... I've even been known to turn the sound down and use it under the edge of the table at large corporate meetings where I can sit in the back, unnoticed... Wonderful toy. :)

Does anybody know where I could buy the cheapest cardridges? This is where I came up with: http://www.totalgba.com/products.php?sec=2. Is there also support for bigger MiniSD's then 2GB? I think I'm going to order one of these in a week orso. The price is like 60Euro's (for the 2gig) or somethig arround that.

By the way. How long does the battery last? And is it possible to change faceplates for the EU version? Cause it doesn't look like that's possible with my GbM

So let me get this straight, you can play Nes and Gba ROMS on a Micro? :eek: I really didn't know you could do something like that on a Gameboy.

I might as well get a flashcart then.

well the micro is a gameboy advanced with a decent backlit screen and built in battery, it does not have Gameboy (original or color) hardware onboard but it can Emulate them i havent tried Nes but i think it can emulate that too.

Samba Pa Ti said:
it does not have Gameboy (original or color) hardware onboard
Thats why I was kind of disappointed when I first bought my Micro :(

I really hate GB/GBC games except for 5 of them orso. Anyways, does that Play Yan Micro hardware work on a European GBM? I just ran into it on the net, but it really sounds great if it works.

NoidZ said:
I really hate GB/GBC games except for 5 of them orso. Anyways, does that Play Yan Micro hardware work on a European GBM? I just ran into it on the net, but it really sounds great if it works.
i dont think that you can play roms with it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-Yan

Ive got a micro but i had forgotten about it. I have a supercard for my ds wich works on the micro to and i think i have an old ezflash thingy. I think the micro is a bit too small cant really hold it properly.

Orkie said:
Silly question, there is no region protection on any GBA game ;).
Look, that's a reply that is usefull to me ;) Thanks!

Ive got a micro but i had forgotten about it. I have a supercard for my ds wich works on the micro to and i think i have an old ezflash thingy. I think the micro is a bit too small cant really hold it properly.

I have played on it for like 6mins, but I really like the size. I just don't have to have a big machine for little games. So that's my opinion about it. Not that you probably care, but I just wanted to reply.

I adore my Micro, but I only have one game for it :(

Nova said:
May I ask what game? :)

I don't know about that many good GBA games besides the Zelda with the Hat That Talks and Mario and Luigi's Adventure (I forgot the real titles..) and would like to know what else is out there and worth playing.

Shifty said:
Nova said:
May I ask what game? :)

I don't know about that many good GBA games besides the Zelda with the Hat That Talks and Mario and Luigi's Adventure (I forgot the real titles..) and would like to know what else is out there and worth playing.

Iridion II, it's a shoot em up.

There are tons of great games

Mario Kart
Pokemans
Max Payne
Wario Wares
Wario World 4
Boktai
F Zero
Zelda, Link to the Past (not the hat one [minish cap, btw])
Jazz Jackrabbit
Earthworm Jim
Harvest Moon
Fire Emblem
Kuru Kuru Kuruin
Fire Emblem
Advance Wars
Super Monkey Ball
Sonic Games
Golden Sun
Mario Vs Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
All Mario Games
Mario Tennis
FF Tactics
Tony Hawks 2
Castlevania

And they're just the ones I can remember.

Back