Just got my GP32..

CrayonCollector

Still Fresh
Hey all. Just got my GP32. I have a question for you all. My screen looks like the isnide has been 'scratched' or rubbed. It's like semi pink/purple. Is it suppose to look this way?

Its hard to describe. There is pink/purple and some of it is rubbed off. Almost looks like someone took a peice of wool to it.

what are you serious? take that shitty piece of plastic off and enjoy your gp32

I have always found that when you reflect light of the gp32 screen it can look awful-rubbing with a cloth seems to make no difference.But when the gp32 is on and you are looking directly at the screen it is not noticable unless you look for it.If the marks are blocking your view of the screen so much that part of it illegible you have a few choices.Return the unit for replacment,remove the screen (which leaves the lcd display vunrable) or replace the screen with glass or plastic cut to size.If you carfully remove the grey surround the plastic screen can easily removed/replaced.

lurch posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I have always found that when you reflect light of the gp32 screen it can look awful-rubbing with a cloth seems to make no difference.But when the gp32 is on and you are looking directly at the screen it is not noticable unless you look for it.If the marks are blocking your view of the screen so much that part of it illegible you have a few choices.Return the unit for replacment,remove the screen (which leaves the lcd display vunrable) or replace the screen with glass or plastic cut to size.If you carfully remove the grey surround the plastic screen can easily removed/replaced.
I've had my gp32 for about a year and a half, I took that "plastic screen" off as soon as I got it and the screen is still scretch free. I didn't realize people actually leave it on. It's not like it's a plam where you touch the screen all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my gp32 for about a year and a half, I took that "plastic screen" off as soon as I got it and the screen is still scretch free. I didn't realize people actually leave it on. It's not like it's a plam where you touch the screen all the time

I think you're confusing it with the 'packing' plastic stuck over the screen when it comes new. There are, believe it or not, a few people who leave this on :blink:

Ah well.....

Axeman posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I've had my gp32 for about a year and a half, I took that "plastic screen" off as soon as I got it and the screen is still scretch free. I didn't realize people actually leave it on. It's not like it's a plam where you touch the screen all the time

I think you're confusing it with the 'packing' plastic stuck over the screen when it comes new. There are, believe it or not, a few people who leave this on :blink:

Ah well.....
I'm one of them :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back