Just Had My One Year Preorder Anniversary

senorgomez

I know I have spent many a time dreaming about what I will do with the Pandora. It has inspired me to try and create a computer game, which will be fun once I get it.

With the cases in the UK, I think it is fitting I only had to wait a year.

Ahh the memories. I remember when I bought my SD cards (two class 4 16GB) last September when it was FOR SURE that it will be released in October... or was it November.

How long have you been waiting?

EDIT: Checking the email dates, it was actually May 9th 2009, oh well close enough :p

Fingers and toes crossed that friday is pandora cases day.
AND THEIR WAS MUCH REJOICING...
montypythonhg0450.jpg

I love the Monty Python animations .. they'd make *such* a lovely game. This pic alone is worth Pandajoust conversion as a level design! :)

Well - there's a level designer built in,a nd it uses unencrypted image files so... entirely possible. I'm not going to animate any characters blowing their own horns any time soon though!

There was a monty python game on the amiga, it was dog dirt though

My 1 year order anniversary is the day after tomorrow. I told my wife -- she thinks I'm crazy... :)
I had been watching the project since it was announced, but didn't have the money the first time they were up for pre-order.

Pre-ordered on day one. Pretty much have been reading these forums once or twice a day ever since.

It will be strange to actually receive the Pandora... Who am I fooling, the Chinese most likely haven't shipped the keymats or something.

Caine said:
Pre-ordered on day one. Pretty much have been reading these forums once or twice a day ever since.

It will be strange to actually receive the Pandora... Who am I fooling, the Chinese most likely haven't shipped the keymats or something.
I feel the same way Caine. I'm expecting the wind to be taken out of our sails by this weekend. :p

Then I think, we will probably find out the boat hasn't even left the dock yet? ;)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Caine said:

More than a year since I ordered mine and almost a year since the Pandora was supposed to ship, it feels less and less "real." Despite all the great news, I can't get myself to believe that it is getting any closer than before. Once it finally arrives it would indeed feel strange ... something like catching a fairy in a jar :)

senorgomez said:
Ahh the memories. I remember when I bought my SD cards (two class 4 16GB) last September when it was FOR SURE that it will be released in October... or was it November.

How long have you been waiting?

I ordered in the initial pre orders after they extended it to be 4000 - so in the 2nd or 3rd day of pre-ordering. That is over a year and a half ago now. I don't know how much time I've wasted following the pandora ever since. It always seems to be tantalisingly close yet not actually here. I got curious as to my order number and I'm somewhere between 1250 and 1350 so it will be a while away yet.

I have to smile at your buying the SD cards. For a while there I was watching SD card prices like a hawk and bought 2 class 6 16 GB cards when I saw a good price because I sure the pandora was only a few months away. I've since used one of them in my eee pc but I really should have waited.

Now my work's given me an iphone so a lot of the things I was going to use the pandora for are covered. I'm still sure i'll be very happy when it turns up, just less sure that I'll be taking it everywhere I go ...

I remember waiting for the damn preorder day. Man this has been a long ride.

torpor said:
I love the Monty Python animations .. they'd make *such* a lovely game. This pic alone is worth Pandajoust conversion as a level design! :)

LMAO, funny you mention that. There is a commented out section of the code giving the birds particle jets flying out of their rears :p Result of a joke between me and PokeParadox.

BUT that platform and clouds would look quite lovely in a game. Just not enough Panjoust style i think.

Cheers!

Edit: And on topic: discovered the Pandora in december 2007 after a post on a dutch site. Preordered within the first hour(s). The wait has been worth it though, never would have made minigames or attempted a full game otherwise :)

October 08 I preordered, 5 months away from two years watching this project evolve.

Back