Keymat Sample Pictures!

The 360 d-pad is awful - I can't even navigate menus reliably using it, let along pull off streetfighter moves.  I bought a proper arcade stick for it though, so it's only really menus on games that can mostly be controlled using the analogue pad that are a small problem (and the analogue pad's mostly accurate enough to navigate menus anyway).  But the d-pad itself is therefore pretty much a waste of space.

Shame, because the rest of the controller is on the money.

Edit: And to swing this back on topic, the Pandora controls were almost up there, just not quite as comfortable to hold in the long term (not much can be do about that) and both analogue nubs being temperamental at best, but the d-pad, shoulders and game buttons all worked more than well enough.  Hopefully the Pyra will improve the analogue sticks and add four extra game buttons/shoulders which should make it pretty close to the ultimate controller for my needs.

If only it had a spinner, so I could play tempest on it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 360 d-pad is awful - I can't even navigate menus reliably using it, let along pull off streetfighter moves.  I bought a proper arcade stick for it though, so it's only really menus on games that can mostly be controlled using the analogue pad that are a small problem (and the analogue pad's mostly accurate enough to navigate menus anyway).  But the d-pad itself is therefore pretty much a waste of space.

Shame, because the rest of the controller is on the money.

Edit: And to swing this back on topic, the Pandora controls were almost up there, just not quite as comfortable to hold in the long term (not much can be do about that) and both analogue nubs being temperamental at best, but the d-pad, shoulders and game buttons all worked more than well enough.  Hopefully the Pyra will improve the analogue sticks and add four extra game buttons/shoulders which should make it pretty close to the ultimate controller for my needs.

Then I'm glad I bought a second 360 pad (still in the box) for if/when I wear this one out beyond repair.

Speaking of on-topic things, do you remember if there was a verdict on the labelling for the shoulder buttons? I can never remember what they're mapped to on the Pandora. (And, since the Pandora doesn't have xev, I always wind up awkwardly reaching to press things Alt+F4 (Fn+Alt+4, with no shoulder buttons)).

xev should be available (at least optionally in the package repository). Alt+F key combos are not easy on the Pandora, but sticky Fn is useful for these.

Gorgeous. Just 100% plain gorgeous.
Looking forward to the video. And the impressions of course. It doesn't look like much travel-wise, but I trust ED.

In case you missed it, ED made a news post about 8 hours after you posted where he explained that it's a known issue.

My guess is that the manufacturer followed my design guide for the travel distance WITHOUT the carbon pads - and then, with the carbon pads added on top, the travel distance went lower.

That's no big deal though, I can easily measure how much travel distance is missing and it will be removed for the next sample.
After all, that's what samples are for - if you were sure everything worked from the very beginning, then you wouldn't need samples :)

xev should be available (at least optionally in the package repository). Alt+F key combos are not easy on the Pandora, but sticky Fn is useful for these.

Looks like I'd forgotten to opkg update after my last reinstall. Thanks for getting me unstuck. :)

In case you missed it, ED made a news post about 8 hours after you posted where he explained that it's a known issue.

Probably saw it before you did. :D
Thanks anyway.

Haven't heard of xev until now. Should be useful.
Getting pics and videos of real Pyra stuff both makes it closer and makes us less eager to wait.

Back