Keymat Status

Vorporeal

Yes, no, I, this is.
Website
Visit site
According to the official status page, the keymat production is supposed to start alongside the case production. I haven't seen anything on the boards about the keymats in a LONG time. I'm just wondering where they're at - if they're in production, done, sitting in Craig's living room, whatever.

I believe they need to be produced along side the final cases. All should be in the UK by the 22nd!

Chris

openpandora.org said:
Keymat production Prepared. Can start together with the case production.

ninja'd :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
I believe they need to be produced along side the final cases. All should be in the UK by the 22nd!

Chris
I guess we will see then. Hope you are right : :blink:

jumpman said:

Chris

I am aware of this, and that is exactly what the official status page is. I want more information though, as we haven't heard anything about them for a while. For all we know, they could already be done and sitting in the UK, or they might be another thing that could theoretically cause problems/delays.

Vorporeal said:
jumpman said:

Chris

I am aware of this, and that is exactly what the official status page is. I want more information though, as we haven't heard anything about them for a while. For all we know, they could already be done and sitting in the UK, or they might be another thing that could theoretically cause problems/delays.
There is actually nothing to report really. This is one thing that has never been a big problem really. There was some misaligned items awhile back, but the quality, and finish of the keymat has never been an issue. They have gotten many finished mats, and they have been fine, and corrected to the teams needs. They have always been ready to go, they just needed to green light the test cases, and we are good to go. The keymat and final cases are being done by the mould factory.

I'm guessing the 22nd date is for "ALL PARTS" to arrive at the assembly point in the UK. That is 3 weeks from now, so it is safe to assume that time is for boards coming from the states, and the cases/keymats from China! All we can do now is wait until the 22nd, and see what doesn't make it, and why? Sit back and enjoy the ride! ;)

Chris

skeezix said:
Same place makes the keymat and the cases, so news for both same time I imagine..
I just had a horrid thought.
What if the keymats have to be shipped out to have the letters printed on them, and in all the miscommunication they forgot to inform OP?
I am pre-headdesking right now.

WizardStan said:
What if the keymats have to be shipped out to have the letters printed on them, and in all the miscommunication they forgot to inform OP?
Das Keymat?
:eek:

I think every Pandora should be shipped with a free permanent marker

WizardStan said:
skeezix said:
Same place makes the keymat and the cases, so news for both same time I imagine..

Then we get a really cool keypad with nothing printed on it. Awesome!
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    696 bytes · Views: 87
I hope, when they said: don't silkscreen the cases, the company does not apply that to the keyboard as well and they send them 10000 blank keyboards :lol:

Back