Killer App

Fzero said:
a killer app for me would be an EditPlus type text editor, I would use that fairly often id imagine.
Whats a good linux text editor to use, one that has;
line numbering
find/replace
ability to set colours [green for comments, pink for html, black for plain text - type thing]
?

Dare I suggest... vim? It has everything you mentioned -- and much, much more! And it's already baked in on the NAND.

Exaile is nice: I use it on my home machine, too. Want to explore hotkeys to make it more convenient on the P. Or MUCH BIGGER ICONS.

But PIM is my biggest want. I don't have to carry a music player everywhere. (Though that's nice!) But I want to use the P instead of the notebook I habitually carrry around as external RAM for the grey matter.

Maybe I should use vim... :)

Maybe I should see just how slow Firefox is running Tiddlywiki. Maybe I should go back and look at one of the older threads about PIM I remember popped up regularly on GP32X over the past couple years.

--Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
@ZoxFox

IMO, hedgewars is a much more similar worms remake than wormux. Don't get me wrong, wormux is nice, but hedgewars is the one that gives me the nostalgia feeling. Ever tried it?

My killer app will be (eventually, long time coming) OpenMW. It will run on the pandora or I will eat my pentium II

Yeah vim looks perfect, just googled some screenshots and that'll do me nicely cheers

hi
browsing recently with my pandora and my xperia - mobile phone at the same time I could compare the two screens (same resolution)
on my mobile-phone I have opera, which zooms the text perfectly.
on the pandora, no matter which browser I tried, zooming is complex and insufficient.

so why not attempting to port opera to the pandora. that would be a killer-app.
first step would be to subscribe the evalkit - only OEMs can do:
http://www.opera.com/business/solutions/devices/evalkit/

greetings

MAME + Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Chromium are the things I'm using most so far.

I've also recently discovered I can control VLC player on my PC via its HTTP interface, thus transforming the mighty Pandora into an expensive, over-speced remote control!

monkeyo2 said:
I've also recently discovered I can control VLC player on my PC via its HTTP interface, thus transforming the mighty Pandora into an expensive, over-speced remote control!
Why not use ssh and mplayer? :p

That is actually what I'm planning to do (, among other things,) with my pandy on my HTPC.

I thought I had posted in here?

So I'm supposed to have one application that justifies getting a Pandora?
I'll have to go for one toolchain: Qt, g++, SSHFS, geany (probably, unless Kate runs well)

Because every freaking time I make noodles I end up running back to my laptop to test some program. Then I have to run back to the noodles to make sure they aren't up to anything.

Once I have the Pandora, I can program and make noodles concurrently. It's going to be amazing.

lulzfish said:
I thought I had posted in here?

So I'm supposed to have one application that justifies getting a Pandora?
I'll have to go for one toolchain: Qt, g++, SSHFS, geany (probably, unless Kate runs well)

Because every freaking time I make noodles I end up running back to my laptop to test some program. Then I have to run back to the noodles to make sure they aren't up to anything.

Once I have the Pandora, I can program and make noodles concurrently. It's going to be amazing.

This is possibly the most important use for the Pandora I've ever seen. ;)

Back