Killer Apps

Exophase said:
I like how the Dr Pepper can isn't open, as if you bought it just for comparing things with.
Haha, I can assure you that it's very much open now. :p

To be honest I prefer Dr Pepper Zero, since it's far less "sticky"-tasting and rather more refreshing (and it has less caffeine), but I've run out and this was all I could get for the time being.
worried.gif

marshal said:
Tanks for the snapshot...
No problem. :D

I guess you get what you paid for. It seems usable but definitely a bit weak under low light condition.
Mm, definitely. I can't complain for the price, and it does look decent enough in motion. It simply couldn't take a better still picture than it did - I tried for a good five minutes to snap the barcodes, but the shots I posted were the best ones I got.

Here is what I guess with my logitech webcam (no special lighting... only a powerful lamp to light up the room)
I'm going to guess that the Logitech webcam cost a bit more than ~£6. :lol:

borgqueenx said:
thanks for the photos so far :)
No probs. Here's an extra one of a hastily-scribbled sign pinned to my desk chair, to give a view of how it snaps at approximately a couple of feet away. :p

Webcam_-_Hellolo_Sign.jpg

I'm too shy to show my face, I'm afraid, so you'll have to make do with my terrible doodle of the famous grinning smiley, accompanied by a forum meme. :p

Attachments

• worried.gif
    worried.gif
    183 bytes · Views: 106
  • Webcam_-_Hellolo_Sign.jpg
    Webcam_-_Hellolo_Sign.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh borg, please put on a new wallpaper, that seventies stuff is out of date :p

edit:
In case you missed it:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/32101-happy-birthday/page__view__findpost__p__826997

mali said:

It all comes back into style eventually.

Prometheus said:
Mm, definitely. I can't complain for the price, and it does look decent enough in motion. It simply couldn't take a better still picture than it did - I tried for a good five minutes to snap the barcodes, but the shots I posted were the best ones I got.

Looks like you really did try !!
I guess a bar code reader program with that cam should be called "bar code challenge" them !

borgqueenx said:
<picture>

This photo above is from my acer crystaleye.
thats me sitting behind my crappy notebook that im trying to sell.
Ahhhh a face to forum name.
We are all doomed! Dooooooooooomed!!

mali said:

edit:
In case you missed it:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/32101-happy-birthday/page__view__findpost__p__826997
I like the style:p
my room is dragon shaped. And the wallpaper gave it something far-east indian chinese look thingy:p
i have a few dragon statues on my desk as well, and 3 robots for decoration.(2 offline 1 walking)

Killer apps for me will be pretty easy.
-I've got plenty of DVDs I can rip to watch in VLC.
-I've been downloading tons of NES,SNES, MAME roms and Sega Roms/CDs to play.
-I've got tons of backlogged PSx games. (I have no reason to doubt it'll be working fine unless Zodttd has given up on it or something)
-I'll be typing novels with Abiword for certain.
-Plenty of Ebooks to read as well.

And I havent even started thinking about Pygame and Linux ports yet.

The only apps I'll be needing are the amiga emu and Zod's psx emu and maybe even the N64 emu if it runs quicker than the iphone version coz I found that a bit annoying after a bit with the slow downs when to much was going on on the screen besides the first two should keep me busy for a lifetime of gaming me thinks :)

Guess borgqueenx's attempt to get Prometheus to post a picture of her face has ended in failure.

Prometheus said:
here's a size comparison next to a standard 330ml soft drink can
Wait - really? Our standard sized soft drink cans here (Australia) are 375mL.

I tells ya, the stuff one learns when one hangs out with a bunch of foreigners... :)

Line O said:
Prometheus said:
here's a size comparison next to a standard 330ml soft drink can
Wait - really? Our standard sized soft drink cans here (Australia) are 375mL.

I tells ya, the stuff one learns when one hangs out with a bunch of foreigners... :)
33 cl containers are indeed the standard in western countries. But everything's bigger in Australia I guess...

dflemstr said:
33 cl containers are indeed the standard in western countries. But everything's bigger in Australia I guess...
12 fl oz = 355mL here in the US.

I seem to remember picking up a 333mL can of diet sprite in Germany some 8-9 years ago. I actually still have it in a box at my parent's house. How weird is that?.

dflemstr said:
33 cl containers are indeed the standard in western countries...
If Australia isn't a western country, what is it? Southern?

"The west" is roughly the western hemisphere:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Western_Hemisphere_LamAz.png

But shifted a little to include some more of western Europe. Definitely nowhere near including Australia.

On the other hand, "the west" often refers to first world countries that either are western European or have been founded by western Europe, including USA, Canada, and Australia.

borgqueenx said:
Please remove i just ate something :p

haha lol
I saw your photo and I ... jizzed in my pants!
so I;
Hit on Debra, like a Boss
Get rejected, like a Boss
Swallow sadness, like a Boss
Sent some faxes, like a Boss

borgqueenx said:
Exophase said:
Guess borgqueenx's attempt to get Prometheus to post a picture of her face has ended in failure.
Yeah it did. But i can imagine why she chose to.

Aww man! I love seeing pictures of you guys, heck, it's like I already know you anyway :p
Borgqueenx, nice to see ya :p
I know what JayFoxRox and ED and Craig look like now, just need some MWeston, Fatih, Mali, Exo and a few other guys and we can make a family scrapbook :D
Hope you'll reconsider, Prometheus!

Here's my contribution:
vlcsnap-2010-03-14-04h47m17s124.png

Not exactly the best picture of me ever, but that's the sort of picture my webcam takes :p Didn't feel like hooking up my actual cam.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2010-03-14-04h47m17s124.png
    vlcsnap-2010-03-14-04h47m17s124.png
    741 KB · Views: 90
Back