'klik' Games For Gp32

Delsabre

Website
nuqlear.com
Clickteam's Jeff has announced that Clickteam will be adding support for FXE files in MultiMedia Fusion 2. This will allow 'klik' developers to compile their games into FXE format, giving the GP32 possibly hundreds of new games.

For those of you who don't know, MMF is a powerful game creation tool with a simple point and click interface.

EDIT: Jeff has responded on TDC's forum:
To be correct: I said we would look into it and consider it. One of the main problems is this system is not sold in the vast majority of the world.
Hopefully they expand out so a runtime would be valuable.
Let's hope they do 'look into it'. :)

News source: The Daily Click

holy shit... if that is true... lots of work for me on pdroms :D and i am already hanging back a few weeks :)

PS The Nintendo DS homebrewn section just went online ;)

Woah, I`m just imagining playing Super Bubble Blop (one hell of a game :D, one of my all time favs) and Gunner 3 (or even Gunner 4) on the GP32!

That`s awesome.

(For those who don`t know what SBB and Gunner is: download here!

I've just been looking for all my old TGF games to port, and I can't find any. It's a long shot, but if anyone has Blobathon 2: Insert Witty Subtitle, Rena: Time Two, Moe The Mole or Panguin Party then let me know:)

I can honestly say that 90% of the people who commented on that website are complete twats.

But this is brilliant news, I remember discussing this a while ago.

I hate the Daily Click with a passion. They are all either 12 year old mummy's boys, or 20 year old Eltist Simpsons-esque comic book guys.

I remember when I released Panguin Party. It took me weeks on end to make, the presentation was good, and the gameplay was good. It was sort of a Mario Party clone, but what seperated it out from the rest was that I took the time to code AI. That was really frickin' difficult-not many people did it.

Upon release people said that they wouldn't download it because of the delibrate typo, and "Great Game! JK!"

It may not of been great, and while I'm not one to blow my own trumpet, it was a damn sight better than most of the shit that gets on that site.

Also completly true: I made a game called Time: Hido Months, well before Animal Crossing/Forest was even announced for the N64. It had no real purpose, and just like animal crossing the weather changed, and differernt things happened in different months. They said the idea behind it was pointless.

I used to visit Fergs.co.uk but that got shut down. At least there weren't any knobs there. I have major issues with the Daily Click.

Wow. There's some very nice looking games there. :)

Let's hope they pull this off and there's no reason to think they won't.

EDIT: The site seems to be down now. Mark you've scared them witless you fool ;) hehe.

The only problem is, that the games will most likely need to be open source to port them. Most are protected, sadly. That means no Eternal Daughter :( However, Klik and Play games (the first real Clickteam product, after AMOS etc) are all open source....

Dexter's Quest and Freddie Trims a Tree :D

Right, I start making my first MMF/TGF game in around 2 or 3 years today. I'm thinking RPG.

actualluy, Freddie trims a tree may not work..
at least not with out an overhaul, Firat off, It was mouse controlled
but thats easy enough to fix. The biggest problem is that it was made with KnP
which only haqs a resolution of 640*480. Which in turn means that that is what freddie's is in. So you'd also have to set up a scrolling like thing and changfe the resolution.. It wouldn't be hard but would be a lot of work..

Anyway, I'm VERY exited about this! I opened a thread about the theory of a .gam interpreter or something like that and also emailed clickteam about it but never got a reply. The oonly thing I regret is that I only have knp and tgf so I'd have to purchase MMF now.. but, It'll be worth it.

Soon we'll have another tool to help us that are too lazy tolearn real code!

EDIT: also if anyone wants to see any *bad examples of some tgf games
then check out the link in my sig. Both those games were made in under a week

Oh and mark, I agree with you. for the most part the Daily Click does suck. I must have missed your 2 games though. That Animal Crossing one sounds interesting.. hope you can find the source and port it to the gp32_console

Mark,

I tried getting panguin party from daily click, or anywhere else on the net, any chance you could give us a link, it sounds good. I love playing 2 player party games with my wife.

Or, maybe just email it to me, if you could. mth411@yahoo.com

Thanks.

I've just been looking for all my old TGF games to port, and I can't find any. It's a long shot, but if anyone has Blobathon 2: Insert Witty Subtitle, Rena: Time Two, Moe The Mole or Panguin Party then let me know:)

Sorry, I can't find the game :( It's not even on the Wayback machine :(

Awesome. As an old time "klik" developer, this news has me more excited than...well... I've never been this excited about a gp32 announcement. I'm curious about how clickteam will work with some of the difficulties that are obviously going to arise, i.e, what keys map to what buttons on the GP32, the fact that nearly all click games use MIDI music and the ones that don't, use MP3 which probably wouldn't work right. I'm almsot positive there's a way to use MOD music with MMF, so gamse developed strictly for the GP32 could still have music.

Yeah... this is awesome, regardless.

OH
MY
GOD!
If this actually comes out, I will be in absolute heaven. I love MMF.
I was going to swap my GP for a Zodiac, but now I'm gonna keep both just in case this ever does come out.
Yes, it appears everyone who commented on The Daily Click is an idiot. They seem to think the GP32 hasn't come out yet.

Though to be honest, I really doubt this will ever come out. Even if they could port them, MMF games take an incredible amount of power. Even on my 2.7 ghz PC, it takes about 80% CPU.
But if this actually comes out....

mr twit posted on Mar 17 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
OH
MY
GOD!
I was going to swap my GP for a Zodiac, but now I'm gonna keep both just in case this ever does come out.
Yes, it appears everyone who commented on The Daily Click is an idiot. They seem to think the GP32 hasn't come out yet.

Though to be honest, I really doubt this will ever come out. Even if they could port them, MMF games take an incredible amount of power. Even on my 2.7 ghz PC, it takes about 80% CPU.
BTW 80% CPU does not sound right.
The Games Factory and Klik and play used to run fine on my old Pc 266mhz.
MMF can't be that much more resource-grabbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanz™ posted on Mar 17 2005 at 06:39 PM said:
mr twit posted on Mar 17 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
OH
MY
GOD!

BTW 80% CPU does not sound right.
The Games Factory and Klik and play used to run fine on my old Pc 266mhz.
MMF can't be that much more resource-grabbing.

This port may not be very useful for porting PC MMF games because of the CPU requirements, but it would still be nice for creating GP32 specific games that could be made with the GP32 in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back